STATIC ANALYSIS OF NON PNEUMATIC TIRE

Project Abstract / Summary : Non pneumatic tire is a airless component which is filled by flexible structure instead of air. The role of compressed air is done by the flexible spokes. The main advantage of airless tire is flat proof (i.e. puncture free). The main applications of airless tires are found in military vehicles and vehicles used in mining and construction vehicles where flat tires are major problems.
In our work, we have selected a vehicle tire dimensions and developed a airless tire for static analysis. from this method, we are to determine the deformation of tire under static condition and the stress, strain formed in the tire using ANSYS.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I have selected this topic because it is a new technology and very useful for all terrain vehicles. This technology provides more mobility to the vehicles and reduces the stress of drivers about the tires. In military operations, the flat tire is a major problem. But this airless tires have the capacity to work in any condition. Even some of the spokes were damaged, it is able to move the vehicle. These are all the major reasons to select this topic as my project. After completing the static analysis, I will go for transient and model analysis.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Government college of enginneering
City: Tirunelveli
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Today everything in our real world is revolves around electronic equipment. In all electronic equipment contains PCB, which performs faster and it reduces size of...
Project Abstract / Summary : In our project, we would like to display a model of gesture controlled robot. Gesture detection is one of the fast developing fields of study....
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT Present traffic systems fail to provide traffic information including congested roads and alternate routes available in case of congestion. Current traffic light controllers (TLC)...
Project Abstract / Summary : An automatic accident system for traffic accidents is introduced in this project. It can automatically find a traffic accident, search for the spot and then...
Project Abstract / Summary : In current days the petrol stations are operated manually. These petrol pumps are time consuming and require more man power. To place petrol stations in...