Starting a 2 stroke 'mower' engine

Hi All - hoping someone can advise me on a problem i have with a motor...

Background - i know VERY LITTLE about mechanical engineering (electronics and circuit boards are my thing).

My son has a motorised skateboard. It has a 34cc 2 stroke engine that drives a rear wheel. The pull start broke on it after very little use, has been replaced and then the 'claw' snapped on it. That has been replaced and has gone again within a few 'pulls'. Major problem is that this is a cheap/nasty china cheap import and the motor/parts that just aren't made to last.

I'm looking for a solution to get this motor running. It has no gears/clutch (just a throttle/brake). I'd appreciate any advice.

My questions are:- Is it possible to 'bump start' a motor that doesn;t have clutch? Also, a freind, who knows as little about motors as me, says that you can start the motor with a common workmans drill - is this so? If not, is it possible to buy electric starts for this type of 'mower' engine...?

Thanks !

Replies

• Rocker
    Rocker
    I won't be of much help here. Yes, you can buy an electric start. I just doubt if it will fit on the skateboard.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a project idea and could use a few ideas or thoughts to get started. I am not questioning the practicality of any of these ideas right now I...
If u want to animate or flash airticle on net What will u do???😔
hi , will anyone please guide me to prepare a seminar report on "direct shift gearbox".
hi......I'm in the final year BE.....wanted some ideas for final year projects....please give some new ideas.........any domain will do...........
Can any one explain me what is wwindow size. Is it fixed for a particular OS. If at all it changes what is the criteria.