Star Trek Theme Park At Jordan - The $1.5 Billion Green Energy Powered Project

A $1.5 billion dollar park cum entertainment resort based on the theme of 'Star Trek', the popular American science fiction series, named as 'The Red Sea Astrarium' (TRSA), is being constructed at Jordan. The Rubicon Group Holding (RBH) will undertake the designing and development work along with the organization called CBS Consumer Products and Paramount Recreation. The proposed site is a 184 acre land at Aqaba in Jordan all powered by renewable energy.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Image Credit: Rubicon Holding Group

The company, Rubicon Group Holding's work expanse ranges from creation of digital CGI, traditional 2D and 3D animated television, realization of themed entertainment experiences, video games, web and mobile applications etc.  At the Jordanian-American Business Forum, amidst a special signing ceremony, the official announcement about this park was made under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.

This project might be successfully completed by 2014. It's making rounds in news that the park will have 17 entertainment areas and 4 hotels. The King Abdullah II Fund for Development (KAFD) is said to have been approached for funding.

What's more, this new entertainment destination is being designed to set a model for green energy based projects, so that the world sees and acknowledges the use of renewable energy sources like solar energy, wind energy as well as greywater harvesting.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As a kid, I hated carrying a whole lot of books to school, stuffed in a bag, troubling my shoulder and paining my back in the process. Even now I...
We know you and your wealthy friends are bored of wandering the Earth and eagerly waiting for that hotel in space. Well, wait no more! Russian Orbital Technologies is bringing...
Bruises and injuries are part and parcel of an athlete's life. If you are playing a game, you are going to suffer from an injury sometime or the other,...
An instrument aimed at capturing some of the oldest cosmic radiations or light has been tested by NASA successfully before their integration in its James Webb Telescope. The camera will...
Of course you might not be a technology geek but if you have still not seen a 3D video, hold your breath, you can see its much more advanced version...