Stanford University offers FREE Online Courses from Spring 2012

Dancer_Engineer
@dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI โ€ข Oct 22, 2024

Stanford University is offering some very good FREE Online Courses commencing from January / February 2012 for Spring 2012.

There are many courses under CS, one course each for Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Complex Systems and Medicine, and two courses under Entrepreneurship.

Check out the following link for more details:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the courses offered.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 21, 2011

    I had attended one of the online courses offered by Stanford University this Winter.

    Though I could not give my full commitment to the Program (as I had other important exams to take), but I personally felt the course was really good with professor Jennifer Widom being so meticulous in executing the Program and offereing detailed videos and tutorials.

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Dec 21, 2011

    Planning to join Electrical course as there is no any course for Electronics. Will check official website for more details.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 21, 2011

    godfatherPlanning to join Electrical course as there is no any course for Electronics. Will check official website for more details.

    The University may come up with more online courses in the future, maybe for Electronics too. ๐Ÿ‘
    There are other universities too that offer online courses. Do check them.

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Dec 22, 2011

    I've decided to follow the following courses provided by them, as per my personal Interests :- 1. Design and Analysis of Algorithms I Computer 2. Cryptography 3. Game Theory 4. Software as a Service 5. Security Can't wait for next year for such beneficial courses from Stanford Guys !!

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 22, 2011

    ashbeezoneI've decided to follow the following courses provided by them, as per my personal Interests :- 1. Design and Analysis of Algorithms I Computer 2. Cryptography 3. Game Theory 4. Software as a Service 5. Security Can't wait for next year for such beneficial courses from Stanford Guys !!

    Cool..! ๐Ÿ‘

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Dec 23, 2011

    Dancer_EngineerCool..! ๐Ÿ‘

    What about you ??

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 23, 2011

    ashbeezoneWhat about you ??

    These courses for sure:
    1. Lean Launchpad
    2. Computer Security
    3. SaaS

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Dec 23, 2011

    Dancer_EngineerThese courses for sure:
    1. Lean Launchpad
    2. Computer Security
    3. SaaS

    That's Great !!!

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    it really sound good but how do we enroll to these courses?Also i found today in newspaper that MIT is also going to offer free online courses.It is also an opportunity to a great study time ahead.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vinciit really sound good but how do we enroll to these courses?

    Initially you will have to sign up by giving your name (full name recommended) and email ID.
    Then as the date of the course is nearing, you will get notifications of the next registration process and other information through email.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vinciAlso i found today in newspaper that MIT is also going to offer free online courses.It is also an opportunity to a great study time ahead.

    Yes, MIT also offers free online courses round the year.
    All old and new courses are available.

    Here, check this link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

    But I didn't find any courses for 2012.
    Which newspaper did you read about MIT? Tell me, I'll check it online. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    godfatherPlanning to join Electrical course as there is no any course for Electronics. Will check official website for more details.

    GF, check out the MIT link in the previous post; MIT offers courses in Electronics.

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Dec 25, 2011

    Dancer_EngineerGF, check out the MIT link in the previous post; MIT offers courses in Electronics.

    MIT ! wow! Thanks DE. I'll check it out. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    hey but please let me know how to enroll there?i visited the site but unable to find any link related to enrollment

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    Dancer_EngineerYes, MIT also offers free online courses round the year.
    All old and new courses are available.

    Here, check this link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

    But I didn't find any courses for 2012.
    Which newspaper did you read about MIT? Tell me, I'll check it online. ๐Ÿ˜€

    in today's dainik bhaskar front page

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincihey but please let me know how to enroll there?i visited the site but unable to find any link related to enrollment

    You find it at the top left corner.
    Here:
    Untitled

    Enter your (full) name and email ID, and Sign Up.
    You will get an email notification immediately.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    Dancer_EngineerThese courses for sure:
    1. Lean Launchpad
    2. Computer Security
    3. SaaS

    can I have your experience with the courses offered by Stanford Univ.I never appeared for such courses and indeed wants to know how to go ahead learning with these courses. Kindly share your experience with others along with what you really gained from that to encourage others also

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    sorry to say but i was talking about MIT course enrollment and this time i did it today in morning enroll myself for 4 courses in Stanford Univ.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincican I have your experience with the courses offered by Stanford Univ.I never appeared for such courses and indeed wants to know how to go ahead learning with these courses. Kindly share your experience with others along with what you really gained from that to encourage others also

    Ok, sure!

    See, since the course is an online course so it's totally your responsibility to keep yourself with the schedule of the program and complete your assignments and Exams as per the schedule. I mean, you need to be Committed to benefit from the program.
    The course material and tutorials are provided in the form of PDF and videos.
    If you have enrolled for a particular course, do check the pre-requisite if any mentioned; and brief through it before the course starts.
    There is a Q and A forum to help you with doubts, you can post your queries there.

    I hope you have read the FAQs given, so you are not going to get a 'certificate' from the University. A State of Accomplishment 'may' be given to the students, but that too would be just a plain text document or PDF. So make yourself clear that you are not doing this course in the hope of getting a certificate from the University. NO!

    But all you are getting from this course is 'Knowledge'. Ok. ๐Ÿ‘

    The course that I had taken had people from all the over the world, right from 13years to 71years young๐Ÿ˜‰
    I'll post a image of the course that I had done, you will get an idea.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    Stanford University offers FREE Online Courses from Spring 2012. Check out this screenshot -

    Untitledasda

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincisorry to say but i was talking about MIT course enrollment and this time i did it today in morning enroll myself for 4 courses in Stanford Univ.

    I have no clue about the MIT enrollment.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    thanks a lot for the info .do i need to attend the lectures on time or later according to my convenience ,if so?

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincithanks a lot for the info .do i need to attend the lectures on time or later according to my convenience ,if so?


    You can attend the lectures and videos according to your convenience, but the exams and assignments have a deadline.
    Please read the FAQs.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    kindly visit #-Link-Snipped-# and tell me about what course they are providing study material and in which year it is?i mean this guide was being provided for which year courses?

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Dec 25, 2011

    i didnt found the image you posted? rather i was redirected to #-Link-Snipped-# of Stanford Univ.kindly provide me the exact path of Q5A Forum for the univ.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincikindly visit #-Link-Snipped-# and tell me about what course they are providing study material and in which year it is?i mean this guide was being provided for which year courses?

    Why don't you check the website properly??

    Check the FAQ section on the link you have provided, you will get your answers.

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 25, 2011

    vincii didnt found the image you posted? rather i was redirected to #-Link-Snipped-# of Stanford Univ.kindly provide me the exact path of Q5A Forum for the univ.

    The image I have posted is of a course that is closed now.
    And I have no idea about the forum link you have given here.

    I think you are getting confused ๐Ÿ˜•

  • surbhi bakshi

    @surbhi-bakshi-DCa0kc • Dec 26, 2011

    Oh yeah heard bout it online the other day.. :-D

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Dec 31, 2011

    vincii didnt found the image you posted? rather i was redirected to #-Link-Snipped-# of Stanford Univ.kindly provide me the exact path of Q5A Forum for the univ.

    @vinci,
    I found this link, it has all the study material and video tutorials of the course 'Introduction to Databases'.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Feb 19, 2012

    The SaaS course commences today:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

    I'm not able to sign up #-Link-Snipped-#. Did anyone sign up for this course?

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Feb 19, 2012

    no i am too unable to login as it says email id doesnt exist in our database

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Feb 19, 2012

    i did login by registering for it on the same page .We just need to register there once .DO try it as i did and login successfully now

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Feb 19, 2012

    Yeah, now the 'Register Now' button is enabled. Earlier it was not there.
    The classroom environment is pretty good.

  • Ankita Katdare

    @abrakadabra • Feb 19, 2012

    Dancer_EngineerYeah, now the 'Register Now' button is enabled. Earlier it was not there.
    The classroom environment is pretty good.

    Do share with us what all things you are learning at that course.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Feb 19, 2012

    its SAAS (Software as a service)classes particularly.Nice video tutorials and pdfs are available

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Feb 19, 2012

    AbraKaDabraDo share with us what all things you are learning at that course.

    Ok. I'll be doing that as and when time permits. ๐Ÿ˜€

    vinciits SAAS (Software as a service)classes particularly.Nice video tutorials and pdfs are available

    I just saw the introductory video. Shall watch the rest of the videos later in the day.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Feb 19, 2012

    i too watch later but i found pdf ,ppt also in chapter 1

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Feb 23, 2012

    I'm gonna download all these lecture videos for sure.
    Plus, this college semester I've Soft. Engg. subject.
    Kinda beneficial for me, you see. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Guys, an idea of getting that SaaS #-Link-Snipped-# Ebook for Free ???

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Feb 23, 2012

    ashbeezoneGuys, an idea of getting that SaaS #-Link-Snipped-# Ebook for Free ???

    As far as I know, it's not available for free.

  • vinci

    @vinci-e4PtMU • Feb 23, 2012

    sadly saying google it anyways ๐Ÿ‘

  • Oceanliner

    @oceanliner-IPXVTr • Mar 16, 2012

    The awesomeness of the free university courses and lectures that is popping up cannot be overstated.

    Found myself in a job interview some days ago and was asked if I was proficient with databases. Sadly I'm not, but since I had anticipated that I would need this skill I had before the interview looked for on-line resources for learning database programming. So when the question came up I could say that though I lacked the skill here's my plan for how to acquire it.. and now I'm a Stanford student learning about databases in a country far far away ๐Ÿ‘

  • cmadhira

    @cmadhira-FUGqBI • Jun 28, 2012

    if we complete the classes and write the exams now and do they provide any certifcate

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Jun 28, 2012

    cmadhiraif we complete the classes and write the exams now and do they provide any certifcate

    Do check their FAQs

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jun 29, 2012

    cmadhiraif we complete the classes and write the exams now and do they provide any certifcate

    As per my knowledge, a student who finishes the classes, assignments and assessments according to the schedule gets a E-certificate.
    If you are still able to access the class after it's end date, that is there just for you to read from there and understand the concepts.

    Yes, do check the FAQs.

  • Yogiraj Awati

    @yogiraj-awati-U8qewW • Jun 29, 2012

    OceanlinerThe awesomeness of the free university courses and lectures that is popping up cannot be overstated.

    Found myself in a job interview some days ago and was asked if I was proficient with databases. Sadly I'm not, but since I had anticipated that I would need this skill I had before the interview looked for on-line resources for learning database programming. So when the question came up I could say that though I lacked the skill here's my plan for how to acquire it.. and now I'm a Stanford student learning about databases in a country far far away ๐Ÿ‘

    Hey r u a Stanford Student???

  • Ashish Bardhan

    @ashish-tTbOgV • Jun 29, 2012

    Dancer_EngineerAs per my knowledge, a student who finishes the classes, assignments and assessments according to the schedule gets a E-certificate.
    If you are still able to access the class after it's end date, that is there just for you to read from there and understand the concepts.

    Yes, do check the FAQs.

    Moreover, they have Honor Code !!