Standardization of modules

Hi folks 😀

There are many project ideas that we have come up with, but they are mostly stagnant and have run out of steam. The problem is there are just too many ways to implement ideas that we are not able to coherently proceed with any direction.

I don't have a solution for all the issues, but I would like to put forward a suggestion. CE consists of great minds and talent, its just we cannot harness all of it in sync. For example, microcontrollers are popular amongst CEans, with many guides available in the forums. Why don't we work together to make a standard CE microcontroller board with standard dimensions. We then can use this standard board for all our projects such as the CE Bot and CE Arm, which will speed up development time.

We can extend this standardization to other modules, such as the motor board or sensors. The more the modules are compatible, the faster and easier the development process would be. Standardization can be in the form of a fixed size, the use of specific types of connectors, stacking capabilities (like the PC-104), etc.

What do you guys think? No doubt we'd have to have important discussions first, but after that, things would be smooth sailing.. hopefully 😉

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    wow..is it possible to create a microcontroller board? I'm cs guy..so little bit knowledge about mc.and interested though
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    csiscool, its quite easy nowadays to make a microcontroller board using ICs like Microchip's PIC and Atmel's AVRs. You can check out Godfather's discussions on PICs here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

These boards are easy to make, since the ICs are available in DIP styl which are very easy to slot in and solder 😀 I do recommend you to check out PICs, since you can easily program them in C language and have your own sort of micro computer.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    It is difficult to understand..I will read completely and come back here..I read the website by cean sharul in that thread...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am stuck on this problem if anyone can help Write awk.script that calculates which continent (Europe, Asia or America) has the largest population density based on the given...
"Shop vacs" are vacuum cleaners designed to be used outdoors or in work shops. Generally, shop vacs collect debris in a large dust bin instead of in a dust bag....
Is there any unidirectional sonar......
hello people, i have three problems if someone could help 1. what is the command to put pixel in DEV-CPP. because it does not have graphics.h and i dont know...
hiiiiiiiii ,friends .i want some minor projects idea of mechanical engg. or a site abt it plz help me ....byeeeeee