SSD On Desktop, Anyone?

Just wondering whether anyone here has tried SSDs on their desktops. Have you experienced any noticeable performance improvement?

Replies

• engg.ashish
    engg.ashish
    yeah i used it for sometime a 40gb ssd 😉
    noticeable diffrence are fast booting times and when after windows login u r just ready to go no need to wait for 2-3 minutes to load startup applications and some responsiveness of overall system increases 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Though I have been using SSD on my office laptop since long time.
    I recently updated my desktop HDD to Samsung 850 EVO (250GB) SSD for INR. ~8K.
    Here is the result
    aYbZDYv_460s
    No waiting period for start up (10sec) or launching application. Everything is just snappier.
    Most interesting part is 250GB SSD is lighter than a metal body 16gb HP pen drive😘.
    I was struggling how to handle and install this delegate thing. Instead of adding SSD tray in cabinet I just put a double sided tape and glued it in HDD bay😛.

I will update with benchmark and heavy software (Photoshop, Lightroom, Android Studio) uses review.☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...I did it on one of the test servers; and got my mind blown. Will demo it soon.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Today worked with Lightroom. I was able to able to import 1GB of photos in no time. Exporting is again smooth and fast.
    Here is benchmark test
    SSD_Benchmark

Have to say. I was missing this whole snappy experience without SSD ☕
  • ester456u
    ester456u
    Using The SSD From Last Two Years and must say now working on normal hard drives feels like I am Riding a bullock cart after driving a sonic jet

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Following Youtube video explain the concept of BMW developed 'Frozen Paints'. What do you think?
NASA tossed a problem to the world’s best aircraft engineers, to fly a cleaner, quieter and low-fuel consuming plane. And a few prototypes were considered, that could change the way...
I love prezi. For its smooth transitions. For its easy-to-use features. And for the final output that we create. It is just like a professional movie. I always wanted to...
I want to pursue Masters in Hospitality and Tourism.. I have three colleges in option.. Say me which would be the apt one to go with... WelcomeGroup Graduate School, Manipal...
Three Japanese-men and three Chinese-men work for the same firm. Every one of them knows a secret not known to others. They need to exchange these secrets over person-to-person phone...