Ssangyong Rodius India Launch Expected; Rs. 400 Crore Invested By Mahindra

Ssangyong Motor Company is the Mahindra & Mahindra Group (India) owned, fourth largest South Korea-based automobile manufacturer. SsangYong, which means 'double dragons', had unveiled the new Rodius, first launched in 2004, with a breath of fresh air in the exteriors as well as interiors. The front fascia of new Rodius gets a chunky headlamps cluster, a gigantic grill and an air dam which is split into two. With stylish tail lamps and the bumper with integrated reflectors in the rear moving upon the stylish alloy wheels, this ride has been quite an eye-catchy one. And now, the motor blogs have it that since the the 2014 Ssangyong Rodius was recently spotted in Mumbai, we can expect that Mahindra might bring this new vehicle in India pretty soon.

Coming to the interiors of the Ssangyong Rodius, we see a four spoke steering wheel, a better dashboard layout and a large multimedia screen. The 2.0 litre, 153 bhp diesel engine and possibly a 3.2 litre petrol engine with all-wheel drive system is what could power the Rodius. A max power of 217 bhp and a peak torque of 312 Nm will be delivered by the engine on the 2014 Rodius. Speaking of engine, Ssangyong is now looking for new product development such as small engines and small CUV, after it received 80 billion Korean Won (about Rs. 400 crore) from its majority shareholder Mahindra & Mahindra Group in lieu of the new shares offered to the Indian firm.

slide
Facelifted Ssangyong Rodius
While the details about pricing and launch date are still yet unconfirmed since Mahindra-Ssangyong hasn’t yet made any official announcement. But chances are high that the India launch happens in early 2014.​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Computex 2013 saw the launch of two new powerful gaming laptops from GIGABYTE. The company has come up with these gaming notebooks - P27K And P25W - with NVIDIA GeForce...
I'm curious to know why do we (Indians) are so immensely interested in knowing how much salary / income we make. I've faced direct questions on how much money I...
Much awaited BBM aka Blackberry Messenger for Android is expected to be available for download from Google Play store on June 27th. It'd be the first time that the BBM...
Any.do (my favorite personal task manager) recently teased that they'll be announcing a calendar app. The company has just released a video (see below) that shows the app in action...
Nissan has set yet another benchmark for its budget brand Datsun, where the company has recently announced via email a “Datsun World Premiere” on July 15th. Targeting the emerging markets...