Spoon feeding and Quickfix

I see a lot of posts requesting basic information on the working principles of simple engineering mechanisms. There are hundreds of sources on the net dealing with every such area with full academic rigour.
Are we becoming too lazy to spend quality time even on things relevant to us? I know that there are hundreds of CEans, who can do a search with their eyes closed to answer such queries. I am glad that this is not done.

One should use search engines like Google Scholar and sources like NPTEL, Khan Academy and not just google, bing, yahoo and such.

Am I cantankerous and unreasonable?

What do the senior CEans think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to get a help from this forum electrical engineers. There is a new software for electrotechnical calculations (up to 1kV) and design of electrical part of street...
Negative comments are almost always hurtful and disturbing. When it comes from within our friends, it seems to affect us more. At some point in our life, be it in...
Inexpensive MCUs bring intelligence to applications that didn’t have it previously. TI Takes Aim at Simple Applications with New 25-Cent MCUs
Aswini was born in a middle-class engineers family with average scores in academics but with excellent co-curricular and extracurricular activities record. She was a bright student from a very young...
Armis Labs has found out a major vulnerability in mobile, desktop, and IoT operating systems that has bluetooth connections enabled. It includes OS'es liek Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux. It...