CrazyEngineers
  • I've been advised that on larger boards, Sphinx search would be a better option. I've collected some information about it but unable to make out whether it will be useful. I learned that the sphinx search engine is very good at indexing the content and can create millions of posts in just a few seconds. That's actually very impressive compared to the default php search engines.

What's your take on Sphinx Search Engine. How is it different from other search engines for database driven websites?

Link: Sphinx | Open Source Search Engine
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • vinod12345madhu

MemberJan 15, 2012

looks like the installation is a bit difficult. can any one help me out with the installation?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 17, 2012

Is anyone willing to discuss this? Will be an amazing discussion, for sure.
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberJan 18, 2012

The_Big_K
    Is anyone willing to discuss this? Will be an amazing discussion, for sure.
    Ok I will.
    I will first do a study from the link you have given.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJan 22, 2012

Installation failed for the third time... Followed all the instructions... 😔
    Cancel

MemberJan 22, 2012

I am using it in Windows XP SP3... I used the installer, and it is crashing my Local MySQL Server... Any ideas to get it right???
    Cancel
  • vinod12345madhu

MemberJan 23, 2012

my friend tried to install it on a linux shared server and that also crashed
    Cancel
  • Dancer_Engineer

MemberJan 23, 2012

On daemon or server crash, updates from RAM chunk might be lost. To prevent that, binary logging of transactions can be used; see Section 4.4, “Binary logging” for details.

Check <a href="https://sphinxsearch.com/docs/current.html#rt-binlog" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Sphinx | Open Source Search Server</a> , might help.
    Cancel

MemberJan 23, 2012

First thing: How am I supposed to start the Sphinx, without crashing the server?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register