Special 26 Movie Review | Loved It!

If you're not a fan of typical bollywood movies and want a movie that keeps you engaged from the start to the end, intervals included; I'd recommend watching the latest bollywood flick 'Special 26'. Don't worry, I've not included any spoilers below; and this isn't a typical review of a bollywood movie - it's just a praise for the writer & director - Neeraj Pandey.

Neeraj Pandey's first film; 'A Wednesday' was an amazing movie and I think he's recreated the magic with Special 26. Of course the love story and songs were not required in the movie - but I think that'd attract a few more people to the screens. The film is based on real life incidents that happened in 1987; when a gang of crooks conducted raids on politicians and businessmen as CBI officials.

There's no 'acting' per se in the movie; because it's the plot and the pace of the movie that keeps you glued to the screens. The twists and turns will definitely remind of you of the Jeffery Archer classic 'A twist in the tale'.

I think the movie's worth watching! What do you think?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Once in a while, there comes a movie, that you want to recommend to everyone alike.
    Special 26 definitely falls in that category. Go watch it. Excellent plot. You will be glued to the the screens throughout the movie (minus the punjabi song for 3 mins)
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Loved it! Though the story was a little different from the original incident to give some twists, still it was good to watch a bollywood movie based on a real story. I guess we are finally evolving!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I really appreciate what Neeraj Pandey does with the stories and his style of presentation. But I'd not say Bollywood is evolving. 99% of the movies are complete waste of money, time, efforts.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Thats almost correct, but I guess recently the number of this kind of movies has increased and thats a good sign. Though I think entertainment is the main motivation behind movies, and it will always be, but I just hope in near future serious movies will have increased share.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I watch the movie last night and the second half of the movie is really increases the interest in the movie. Just love the movie.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A ton of things are happening in the Indian e-Commerce scene. Flipkart, the online megastore that operates out of Bangalore, India had to change the way they operate because of...
Google makes a ton of money through online advertisements and it invests it in the right place so that their employees feel great about working at Google's offices. The company's...
My decision to quit IT was taken during a meeting that I badly wanted to escape. The managers, I've noticed, are unnaturally obsessed about conducting meetings - which 99% of...
The latest update from NASA Curiosity team is that the rover has drilled the Red Planet to find traces of water. It has completed drilling (for the first time by...
Harvard University has developed a soft 'exploding robot' that's capable of jumping to 30 times its body height. The 3-legged robot made up of silicone and is filled with oxygen...