Sparse Matrix

Hi
Can any one tell me how to represent a Sparse Matrix using arrays.
and also how to add two sparse matrices.😲

Replies

• manupep
    manupep
    sparse matrix is a matrix contain large no of elements but most of them are zeros("0") . So inorder to save the memory utilization we are not storing the zeros, only othr elements. Any sparse matrix has only 3 colums . but the row number depends on the number of non-zero elements.

format is

-------------------------------
    eg:

3 0
    0 8 reprents in sparse form as

0 0 3
    1 1 8

I cant explain the whole procedure of adding becz i'min office now

first you make sure that order of 3 matx are same. then sameposition elements should be added and make the resultant. I think u can able to make the logic.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    //Addition

k=n2;
    for(i=0;iThis is just a logic.I haven't compiled the code.So expect errors in it 😎
    Let me know if it works.
  • niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    just want to add ... the purpose of sparse matrix is 2 save memory and it is used when you have few information is a big space. So to preserve the memory we use sparse matrix
  • rama_krish627
    rama_krish627
    ok fine I understood what it is.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am new to this and a warm hello to all. Looking forward to having a great time. Thanks. A ===============
Hi, Have some very interesting opportunities with a major product company here in Hyderabad, India. The company, founded in 1981, with 90 offices worldwide and more than 1600 employees and...
Hiii all, Do anyone have codes to generate Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum blocks? I mean the matlab codes to generate DSSS blocks. Or any links where i can get or...
Hi all, I final year student, having problem with my final year project. Hope can get help from ur guys. I want to design the ‘Tx/Rx or Bluetooth’ systems. Which...
2 Assume that the binary bit stream {1000110110} is to be modulated using BPSK with a data rate of 1 Mbps. a.What is the first-zero crossing BW of the RF...