Sony Tablet S Actually Is The Sony S1 Android Tablet

Remember the Sony S1 tablet that we #-Link-Snipped-# to you long time ago? The official name of Sony's android powered tablet is "Sony Tablet S". The global electronics giant was bit late in the tablets domain. But after floating several teasers on the Internet, Sony has finally revealed their entry - The Tablet S. Sony's tablet boasts of 9.4" screen with 1280x768 px resolution. Industry insiders are expecting the tablet to enter the market in the first half of September. The device will carry Android Honeycomb 3.1 and we expect it to be ready for the Ice Creme Sandwich when Google reveals it.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Sony Tablet S | Image: computernewsme.com

We also learn that the Sony Tablet S will integrate well with existing Sony's devices via WiFi or IR. We are guessing that the tablet will ship with DLNA compatible hardware. The device also has two cameras: 3MP on the front and 5MP on the back. Engadget #-Link-Snipped-# that the tablet will have a new type of display technology that produces 'True Black' which means we can expect some comparisons with the iPad display. Sony may decide to put Sony Certified Gaming software on the tablet for improved gaming experience. The price of the tablet is expected to be about $599.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung is now ready to launch its new version of gamer notebook which is the best news for game lovers. This new series has been designed to make the gaming...
Facebook has declared a major renovation of how users manage their privacy on the site. Every item posted online will have its own sharing settings, thus deciding who all...
Let me confess - I love Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. While I'm using one to type this post, I'm quite impressed by the looks of the new Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard...
Sony announced two new additions to the DSLR Alpha family - Sony A65 & A77. These two new models offer 24.3 mega pixel and 10- and 12- fps AF-enabled continuous...
Google is continuing its policy of slow up gradation of its recently launched social networking website Google+. The search engine is working on a widget which will help recent Google+...