One nice thing about the new portal is that it definitely looks and works way better than what BSNL's come up with in the past. The interface is clean and clear, with all the important menu and functions available readily.
Few things I noticed on the new portal -
- The portal will now default to your email as your username.
- Even the old account holders will now have to verify their mobile number using OTP (one time password).
- The OTP, however has issues if you request it more than once in a short span of time. Not sure what the issue is.
- Created a new account using my existing email ID (not sure how, but this worked!)
- I then added my existing FTTH account using phone number and FTTH account number - which is available on the bill.
- The system then fetched all the existing records, along with the past 3 invoices. I had to visit the 'Landline' section to get the details of my pending bill details. To my surprise, it also showed the deadline is due in '2 days'. Awesome!
- I then clicked on 'Pay Bill' button to get a beautiful payment gateway interface. The payment process was smooth and the system generated a confirmation message. If you have been paying your bills online - you'll note the difference.
The look and feel of the website is very clean, all things are sorted beautifully and it is a significant step up from the old portal which looked like it was ancient history. The process of adding multiple accounts is very good.
The ratings of the portal2 are good enough to believe that it is safe to shop. Data security in BSNL has always been a debatable topic but this portal is looking safe to leave data on.
But anyone here, experienced with the speed of the website? I experienced the speed of the website, slower than average. And also the setup of portal2 involves 3 countries (UK-56%, INDIA-30%, US-14%) which can not be counted in positive terms of the website.
Apart from these two, The simple UI and the new look of the website is looking great.
I am confused. I do not notice any difference from what I have been used to all along. Just to check I logged in and paid the Jan bills for two landline numbers I use at home.
Business as usual. It did not ask for any new login details.
@Ankita Katdare · Jun 3, 2013
@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran · Apr 18, 2014