CrazyEngineers
  • aashima
    aashima

MemberDec 6, 2008

Somalian Pirates

I hope everyone knows about many ships, including one recent Indian ship, that was hijacked by Somalian pirates. I had been watching Pirates of Caribbean triology recently and pirates seemed interesting to me but I didn't know these people are actually monsters! 😀
    On their come-back to India, the crew revealed their bitter experiences of those 64 painful days. Isn't that another threat cropping up?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • silverscorpion

MemberDec 6, 2008

Ya, piracy has become one big problem again. This demands serious attention and steps should be taken immediately. Given that most of the world's cargo travels by sea, it's evident that shipping is a multi billion dollar operation and also piracy seems to be very lucrative. Indian navy made a very good move by sinking the pirate vessel and being an example to how piracy must be handled.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • aashima

MemberDec 18, 2008

In a recent operation by Indian officers, around 23 somalian pirates along with few others were nabbed while successfully rescuing a vessel from being captured. 😀
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberDec 19, 2008

GREAT!! piracy is limited to some prone waters around the world and secondly pirates lack good ammuninations and ships and they are more interested to steal!!!,as for somalia its a war torn country anything is possible there!!!
    Cancel
  • aashima

MemberDec 19, 2008

sauravgoswami
    as for somalia its a war torn country anything is possible there!!!
    Thats true! People of Somalia are too bad in situations that the pirates once quoted "Arrest us. We'll be more happy to live in European jails than leading a life of this kind. Atleast we'll be sure of three meals a day!"
    Mahn! Thats awful.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberDec 19, 2008

Thats what i mean,somalia needs to be adopted!!! and just provide basic neccessaties and they themselves will make there country beautifull!!!!
    Cancel
  • aashima

MemberDec 21, 2008

sauravgoswami
    Thats what i mean,somalia needs to be adopted!!! and just provide basic neccessaties and they themselves will make there country beautifull!!!!
    Provide?? 😁
    Who is gonna do that? As for us, we ourselves need lot of basic necessities as approx. half of our country lives below poverty line. 😁
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberDec 21, 2008

Yes, the root issue IS basic necessities, in societies all over the world. Im pretty sure this is being repeated many times, but people like engineers CAN make a difference to society.

If IEEE, the worlds largest engineering group, could be a strong governing body.. things would drastically change in this world. For the better perhaps?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register