Solar panels on factory roof for electricity generation

I am living in a tropical country with maximum sunlight, I have a large factory roof. I am interested in harnessing the sunlight for electricity generation for purpose of lighting and any other possible use.

Would like to know the feasibility & if anybody has any ideas or experiences in this context?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice you can as our NASA is doing
  • Emanresu
    Emanresu
    There is a lot of work in the UK on this subject. The growth in the number of installations is because the government is subsidising installations for up to 25 years.

The main issue is cost. Typical domestic users pay GBP0.10 per KwH but the generators get paid GBP0.45 or more. A subsidy of GBP0.35/KwH. In fact, there has been so many installations, the government is cutting back on the subsidy.

Have a search for Ovesco Lewes or the Brighton Energy company. These are based on the south coast of england where there are 2,500 to 3,000 hours of sunlight each year. The Ovesco project is to put solar panels on the roof of a brewery.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm interested in making a yacht, any ideas?
heard today about CE and decided to join.......very new to this .......will get used to it soon...thanks.......sachin
Helo, anybdy thr pls help, am having a prblm with my miniprjt, itz cald GSM based accident detection. am uisng NXP phillips s 89v51rd2, n using a flasher called Flash...
Hello, I have a few accutron 214 coils that are open and I want to know if is possible using new wire to recoil the broken ones? What I think...
Just looking for some help with this, I have an axial flow fan connected to a variable speed drive set to 50hz, what I need to know is how to...