Soil Stabilization

Project Abstract / Summary : Construction of pavements (Road) and many civil engineering structures on weak or soft soil is very risky and dangerous on geotechnical grounds because this type of soil is generally take place settlements, poor bearing capacity, weak strength parameters and high compressibility of soil. Improvement of load bearing capacity and stability of the soil may be undertaken by a variety of ground improvement techniques.There are many methods in market to improve under-ground soil. In this project we are going to use special types of fibers, which help to improve unconfined compressive strength of soil and its strength. The objective of the project is to check the usefulness of fibres in improving soil subgrade strength of soil. For this purpose a series of experiments were conducted which include Modified Proctor Compaction, and Unconfined Compressive Strength (UCS) tests. A total of four samples of soil - fibre mixture were made with fibre content as 0.5%, 0.1%, 1.5% and 2% of dry weight of soil. Other tests for index and physical properties like specific gravity and natural water content of soil. Experimental results revealed that addition of fibres increases the UCS value of the soil. From the results it is also observed that addition of fibres lead to improve the strength of soil.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : first thing is need of society, and we are trying to boost agricultural waste and many waste material which being present in our surrounding. we are making it more cheep that common people can use it.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Dr. BATU
City: Lonere
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i just want to know the oppurtunities of selinum testing tool.can you people guide me whether the selinium is best or not.
anyone know acts pune timing? and what about acts dmc placement? help me plz
Project Abstract / Summary : Description: SMS based Electronic Notice board using GSM modem has a Display made up of matrix LEDs. Wireless message board can be used to display...
The first student to become an IITian from his hometown, Dr. Sridhar G. is the engineer who went to build an educational institute that helps thousands of students in cracking...
hey guys as u know i dng my third yr entc, i hav mini project in this semester. the topic which i chose is "REMOTE CONTROL MOUSE USING TV REMOTE"...