Sodium light and my experiment...

hey guyz i have a confusion about the sodium light... we all know that these lights are widely used on highways etc... the confusion is that why these lights get off after some time of lightning😒...also when we hit the cover of these lights slowly these start lightning again😕(i personally hitted it from top in my college😁).... and the confusion is why these lights emitt white light in starting and than later get yellow...anybody plzz help out...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please refrain from using non-English words in your posts/titles. The title of this thread has been edited. CE is read by engineers from over 180 countries. The primary language of CE is English.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    sorry sir.. i will mind it next time ....
  • amitdudhi
    amitdudhi
    becuse there r monochromatic
    n same phase
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    lamps have a borosilicate glass gas discharge tube (arc tube) containing solid sodium and a small amount of neon and argon gas Pennium mixture to start the gas discharge. The discharge tube may be linear (SLI lamp)Sodium Vapor Lamp Cite Note 1 or U-shaped. When the lamp is turned on it emits a dim red/pink light to warm the sodium metal and within a few minutes it turns into the common bright Yellow %28Colour%29yellow as the sodium metal Vaporizationvaporizes. These lamps produce a virtually monochromatic light averaging at a 589.3 nm wavelength (actually two dominant spectral lines very close together at 589.0 and 589.6 nm). As a result, the colors of illuminated objects are not easily distinguished since they are seen almost entirely by their reflection of this narrow bandwidth yellow light.
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    hey got answer?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁hey guys we genereally ride bikes,scooters...drive cars etc... but anybody ever thought about producing electricity from the rotating wheels of cars or bikes during their motion😕...can we produce some kind...
Hi CEans, An off-campus session has been planned to be carried out for the passed out engineering students. Venue : Kumaraguru College of Technology,Coimbatore. Date : 07th February,Sunday.
Can anyone suggest where I can find a freelance electronic engineer to layout a very simple PC/104 PCB? I've tried guru.com but there doesn't seem to be any electronic engineers...
we know that memory is the basic requirement for all the things....even a variable occupy a memory in a space...my question is we know that objects and methods are present...
uploading will affect the harddisk? plz someone tell me whether the uploading and downloading to and fro from the internet will affect the health of the harddisk....if it is then...