Socketing in Hard rock

We come to know the Hard rock strata when the pile boring rig reaches the strata by getting the rock samples. If socketing in hard rock of 1.5D or 2D is not done and the pile is terminated over the surface of hard rock, will there be any chances of pile failure?

Replies

• Sairaj83
    Sairaj83
    Sometimes stone falls in that region for that it is necessary for socketing of 1.5D in pile execution
  • pcd
    pcd
    First of we have to negate the possibility that the encountered rock is isolated one and rock strata exists to considerable depth below. Then to the question whether whether we can terminate the pile at the top of rock, it is possible only when the depth of soil above the rock (below maximum scour level) is sufficient to augment for the horizontal force acting on the pile.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

well i am an 18 year old who has been messing with computers/electronics sense about 3 years old.... but i don't really know what my strengths and weaknesses are lying...
Hello I am mjrockr, a socio political mentality driven techie whose goal is to provide highest standard for humanity. 😁 Glad to be a part of this community.
from comments on this video: im getting a white one 😀 TheHevva 3 days ago Black is cooler! TheMarleythedog 3 days ago
I am sorry. I don't know if this thread belongs to this group😐 , but I need a help on this: I was burning an .iso file to a CD...
Smartphones and OS are bringing in the distance between two technology giants. Apple Inc. had announced today, that with their new iPhone and iPad they would NOT be pre-loading the...