Snapchat App Gets New Features - Emojis, Low-Light Mode & More

Developed and launched by Stanford University students in the year 2011, the photo messaging application Snapchat has been quick to rise to fame in the last couple of years. The app that lets users capture & share photos or videos with a pre-defined list of recipients, has always been under the spotlight of the tech & entertainment news community for some or other reason. Well, adding some features to the app, Snapchat now has more than one reason to make rounds of blog headlines. Snapchat had a feature that let other users see who you have captured the most photos with, using the “Best Friends” list. The designers behind the app have now changed that to bring about a private method to see who your best friend is with the help of Emojis. In this feature, every emoji stands for some meaning. For instance, a Gold Heart emoji means you are a best friend with this person, a Sunglasses emoji means you have a mutual best friend and a Smirk emoji means you are their best friend, but they aren't yours.

friend-emojis-snapchat

If you thought that's all, you are in for a surprise. Other than the Emoji feature, Snapchat now display a moon icon at the top of its camera that lets the user switch to a low-light mode on the camera. This addition comes as a result of a lot of feedback from Snapchat users, saying that the snaps clicked under low light were of bad quality.

Another new feature reminds users about sending pictures/videos to friends whom you have not contacted in a while. When you go to pick friends to send a Snap to, under the list of “Recents”, users will see a section titled “Needs Love”, where in you will find the names of friends whom you haven't contacted in a while via Snapchat.

Are you an avid user of Snapchat? How do you like the new feature additions on Snapchat? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: Snapchat Replaces "Best Friends" With Friend Emojis, Adds Low-Light Camera • TechCrunch

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai all i completed the fabrication for the mechanically lpg gas cylinder drain monitor using springs and FESTO Round Cylinder DGS-16-25-P 9124 the indication is by the oil in the...
I've always wanted the Indian Government to come up with an emergency number that gives you access to all the services like Police, Fire, Ambulance etc. The TRAI (telecom regulatory...
How do take the exams when you dont like that subject
Intex Technologies has been steadily building its Android smartphone portfolio in India and to pump up the competition even further it has launched a new phone titled Intex Aqua Speed...
I've seen a huge jump in people starting up businesses to offer Grocery (Kirana) online to Indians. I'm not sure if the eCommerce model holds any promise; but it surely...