'Smart Luggage' Will Not Need Your Attention At Airport

Samsung and Samsonite are working together to develop the luggage of the future; and we call it 'Smart Luggage'. Equipped with all the sophisticated electronics and computer algorithms, the smart luggage won't need your attention at airport. It will be able to tell the authorities at the airport where it's going and who's its owner. All you'll need to do is just drop it off at the airport and it'll navigate on its own.

As futuristics as it sounds, Samsung and Samsonite have already began working on suitcases and bags that will be equipped with GPS so that you can have up to date information about the current location of your luggage. They'll also have sensors to detect tampering attempts and send alerts to your smartphone or smart-watch in real time. But that's just a start! The technology would also allow these bags to check in at the airport on their own. Samsung's equipping the suitcases to be self propelling engines so that they follow you on their own at the airport.

Smart-Luggage-Samsung-Samsonite

The suitcases and bags will inform the airport authorities how much they weigh and what's the destination they've been tagged for. Even with today's technology, all of this is possible and we may see these being made available to all of us in coming years. We're curious to know what do our fellow engineers think about smart luggage? Is the future exciting?

Source: Suitcases to be fitted with microchips that tell owners where they are | Daily Mail Online

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am currently using BSNL broadband, however the speed is dead slow. I saw EVDO plans and it is surprisingly cheap and faster with no FUP. Now, I am too...
Today I had checked ma number in one of friend's mobile with True caller. The number displyaing with ma name correctly but the profile picture is one of ma other...
@Kaustubh I have one Doubt in this 2015 1.What. is the update between testing and in development side? 2.i completed my b.e ece this month and i was placed in...
How to start with writing a technical paper based on any topic
Intex Mobiles is here with a smashing new smartphone called the 'Intex Aqua Star II HD' that comes with a really decent set of features. The phone might just be...