• SMART INTERFACE OF SAFETY AND PROTECTION MODULE WITH AUTOMOTIVES

Project Abstract / Summary : · This project is mainly directed towards the safety and protection of the human being by synchronizing the software with hardware modules, using both hardware and software concepts.Automotive safety sensors are mainly streamed towards the application such as automobiles. The safety and protection of the automobile who drives it is being monitored by the sensors, any abnormalities being noticed by sensors is highlighted and alerts are provided to the drive.

EYE BLINK DETECTION:-

The eye blink detection module uses the webcam for the input i.e. the webcam is used to continuously monitor the eye blink. This is being processed such that when the eye blink rate is normal which is being monitored by the device represents that the driver is normal during driving activity. The other case is when the eye blink rate is not normal i.e. when the eye is closed for certain period of time which is abnormal during driving activity which is being noticed by the module and this needs a prevention step to alert the driver who might be drowsy while driving and this might lead to accident, to avoid this situation the module generates an alert through buzzer to make the driver to return to normal state during the driving activity.

HEART BEAT DETECTION:-The heart beat detection module is used to continuously monitor the heart beat rate of the driver. In this process the module works in such way that, when the heart rate of the driver is in abnormal state which is being noticed by the module and this needs a prevention step to alert the driver. This particular prevention step is taken by reducing the speed of the car mainly at first step and next step is carried by generating an alert through buzzer and finally a visual alert is given by the LCD which indicates the message of normal and abnormal heart beat rate to the driver. In other case when the heart beat rate of the driver is in normal state then the alert system is off.

GSM MODULE:-This module is mainly used for sending an alert to the second person when the first person (driver) is in an abnormal state i.e. we synchronize the continuous monitoring of the eye blink rate and the pulse rate i.e. when the eye is closed for certain period of time which is abnormal during driving activity and also when the pulse rate goes to the abnormal state. When this both condition get synchronized this module generates an alert to the second person.

FACE DETECTION:-

The face detection module is used for detecting the position of the face of the driver i.e. when the driver is visualising in some direction with his position of face directed towards abnormal position compared to normal driving position during driving activity for certain abnormal period of time while driving. This results in generating an alert through buzzer to make the driver to visualise in normal direction for safer way of driving.

OBSTACLE DETECTION:-This feature is used to detect the obstacle which is present behind the automobile which is normally not visible to the driver in some situations. The detection of the obstacle is noticed by this module and the alert is given through LCD.

LOCATION TRACKER:-

Location tracker is used to identify the location of the automobile. This feature is required for some personal information to know the location of automobile and also this can be used to know the location of automobile during emergency situations.

ALCOHOLIC DETECTION:-

If the driver is drunk alcohol the car won’t start, also it will alert the 3rd person

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : today there very much increase in automobiles .
this project helps in monitoring the driver continuously, hence if there is emergency it the safety module will alert driver as well as the third person with location of the car.
hence this project much required in today's environment so we choose this project

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: sambhram institute of technology
City: bangalore
State: karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jivi is a lesser known brand in the smartphone industry in India. Founded in 2004, Magicon Impex Pvt. Ltd founded the JIVI Mobiles unveiled their own brand only in 2011...
Students at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore have built the country’s first solar electric car that has a 3D-printed body. Sixteen students from various engineering departments of the...
While I was composing the article about Cars built with 3D printed panels, something stuck me, are cars with 3D printed parts a good idea? For starters, let’s talk about...
It is a matter of satisfaction that Mr.Anand Madanagopal and his Cardiac Design Labs won yet another prestigious award for his MIRCaM. The Indian Electronics and Semiconductor Association announced the...
For a long time now, Twitter has been receiving criticism for its tedious and painful signing up process.During the sign up, Twitter takes the contact from the user’s phone and...