Small Talk with Florian von Kurnatowski, Scalix Director of Product Management.

Hello Guys,

This is for the die hard Linux Fans. We are pleased to inform you that Florian von Kurnatowski, Director of Product Management for #-Link-Snipped-# (a part of Xandros) has agreed for answering our questions. 😁

Here is an introduction to Xandros:
Xandros, Inc. is the leading provider of award-winning, intuitive, end-to-end Linux solutions, including desktops, SMB and enterprise servers, enterprise applications and mixed-environment, cross-platform management tools. XandrosΓ’€™ mission is to provide a complete enterprise stack of Linux-based products that can be used by Windows-centric organizations, without any special skills or training. All Xandros products are designed to simplify provisioning, deployment, configuration and management to lower the costs and complexities of Linux-based solutions. They also promote Microsoft Windows co-existence through award-winning integration and interoperability.

Florian is responsible for development of Scalix. We are now inviting questions so that we can grill FLorian on Scalix. Please go through #-Link-Snipped-# for more details and post your questions here.

Last date is July 27 2008.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woo Hoo! 😁

Exciting! I bet we've lot of CEans who eat - drink - sleep Linux. Don't miss this opportunity, friends. Where else would you get a chance to ask your questions directly to the top engineers? πŸ˜€

Expecting lot of questions!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    It sends shivers when you have good technical guys here on the forum. I pray CEans take this opportunity seriously and come up with hard core technical questions.

Linux Guys, where are you?
  • Steve Harris
    Steve Harris
    Hi Folks,

Here is our Scalix boilerplate:

About Scalix
    Scalix, Inc., a wholly owned Xandros subsidiary, is the premier Linux email, calendaring and messaging company. Scalix reduces the cost and complexity of messaging and fosters freedom of choice with products based on open standards and open source. With over one million mailboxes deployed, 200,000 Community Edition downloads, 7,400 community forum members and over 1,000 enterprise customers, Scalix is the most field-proven Linux-based enterprise collaboration platform. Xandros and Scalix are headquartered in New York with research and development facilities in Ottawa, Europe, and Mumbai, and sales and support offices worldwide. For more information, please visit #-Link-Snipped-#.​

You may also want to look at our latest press release to get an idea fo the direction we're heading:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ​
    Thanks,
    Steve Harris
    Xandros VP of Communications
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Steve, welcome to CE! πŸ˜€

Thanks for posting. I spent some time browsing your website and found lot of interesting information there. The world seriously needs a better, cheaper & most importantly reliable messaging system and I'm sure Scalix is a leader in this area.

I've used a product similar (I guess) to yours called Zimbra & I DO have lots of questions! πŸ˜€

I hope it will be an interesting experience for Scalix team and all CEans!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hey Steve, Thanks for registering. I didn't know you would register yourself. Welcome to CE and many thanks for giving more information. It would be great for us to have you here... live.

Wait for the questions! πŸ˜€
  • Steve Harris
    Steve Harris
    Actually, Charles Chamberlain, Scalix systems engineer, will log in to help guide the discussion.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hey Steve, Thanks for registering. I didn't know you would register yourself. Welcome to CE and many thanks for giving more information. It would be great for us to have you here... live.

Wait for the questions! πŸ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Thanks Steve.

My questions:
    1. Does Scalix work on a collaborative mode with current email exchange platforms such as Microsoft Outlook or Novell evolution? How?

2. Any reason for keeping the web client on AJAX?
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Hey Steve,

Welcome to Crazyengineers.

My questions:
    1>Is Scalix working on platform interfacing onto mobile phone software,making it more user friendly and creating an world of high end digital connectivity without keypad use?

Regards,
    Soumik Ghosh
    (Hns.1st Cl-6th E&C Engg)
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    just2rock
    1>Does Scalix is working on platform interfacing onto mobile phone software,making it more userfriendly and creating an world of high end digital connectivity without keypad use.
    Well I think they are working on it. Good question by the way!πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please: Steve & Charles from Scalix are here to guide the conversation. The questions will be answered by Mr. Florian von Kurnatowski. At present we are collecting all the questions so that we can pick up the top ones and present them to Mr. Kurnatowski.

My question: What are the problems with existing messaging systems that engineers behind Scalix are trying to solve?

PS: More to come as I dig more into the product. [​IMG]
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    1. How easy is it for a normal user to deploy this solution?
    2. Ubuntu + Scalix, is it the perfect replacement for Exchange + Windows?
    3. How is Scalix able to integrate with third party services and solutions? e.g. an ERP system, a CRM system, an analytics tool, a AV?
    4. Do you sell processor specific licenses instead of user specific licenses?
    5. Why is it called Collaboration Suite? What can the users achieve by collaboration of their emails?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Thanks for the questions kidakaka. We have included them and mailed across to Stephen Harris of Xandros

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: hiiiii!!!!!!! πŸ˜€tis s aswathy..... i m a final year student of electronics and communication from cochin....😁
Hiii everybody, How do we design binary phase shift keying modulator with detail circuit? Thank you.
Hello Everyone. I am a 32 years old living in Sydney Australia and joined this forum to find some answers and new ideas. Cheers to everyone!
Greetings to everyone! I am a new member of this forum and I would like to take this opportunity to say Hello to everyone who read my message. I am...
πŸ˜•πŸ˜• pls help me in desiding seminar topics in IT for my final year seminar plsssssssss suggest me good topics as soon as possibal:sshhh::sshhh: