Slowdown in Indian IT industry hiring in 2013 - 2014

The IT industry in India isn't doing very well these days. That's the reasons the entry level salaries offered to engineering graduates have almost stagnated in the past ~3 years and the situation isn't likely to change anytime soon. Recently, TCS CEO said that he expects his and other companies to slow down the overall hiring process this year. Read: #-Link-Snipped-#

Indian IT has been one of the 'bulk' recruiters in Indian Engineering colleges. TCS, for example, hires about 60% of their employees every year through various engineering college campuses. However, that situation may change in the coming months.

In the year 2012, a lot of people experienced that the IT companies delayed the joining dates of the fresh graduates. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of 'joining letters' are still being sent to the candidates who were hired in the 2011-2012 placement season.

What do you think is happening to IT and whether the situation is likely to change in coming days?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I wrote the above post, I got a new update that Capgemini India, on the other hand is going to increase their employee strength by almost about 6000 this year, making it a total of about 46,000 employees. Read: Capgemini to increase India headcount by 6,000 - The Economic Times
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    The_Big_K
    The IT industry in India isn't doing very well these days. That's the reasons the entry level salaries offered to engineering graduates have almost stagnated in the past ~3 years and the situation isn't likely to change anytime soon. Recently, TCS CEO said that he expects his and other companies to slow down the overall hiring process this year. Read: #-Link-Snipped-#

Indian IT has been one of the 'bulk' recruiters in Indian Engineering colleges. TCS, for example, hires about 60% of their employees every year through various engineering college campuses. However, that situation may change in the coming months.

In the year 2012, a lot of people experienced that the IT companies delayed the joining dates of the fresh graduates. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of 'joining letters' are still being sent to the candidates who were hired in the 2011-2012 placement season.

What do you think is happening to IT and whether the situation is likely to change in coming days?
    with the financial sector taking a heavy beating i think it would take about an year for the IT industry to recover
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Last session, TCS recruited 89 people from our college. Hardly 4-5 joined there. This session, the number reduced to 58.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Indian IT is feeling the heat of global slowdown. And I don't see this changing in near term (1 year).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Large Hadron Collider - the biggest machine ever built by humans is taking a coffee break and shutting down for the next two years. But the machine has already...
Sony's getting ready to announce the next generation console, Playstation 4 next week but the NVIDIA powered OUYA is silently upping their gameplan as well. The current OUYA game count...
The entrepreneur community in India usually talks about how the entrepreneurial 'ecosystem' does not exist in India. I was talking to another entrepreneur about the US Startup Visa and how...
hello guys i just want to have an idea about using the nbar protocol to limit youtube download on my router. will genutela work? which protocol will be appropriate to...
Sony was expected to include a touchscreen in the controller of the upcoming PS4 - and here's a leaked photo of one of the early prototypes of the controller. It's...