Skype Video Audio Call Over LAN - Possible?

I'm wondering whether Skype can make calls over the LAN. What I know is that the software uses similar technology like Kaazaa and it should be possible to make calls over LAN, but I don't seem to figure out how. My setup consists of a wifi router that connects two computers each installed with Skype. I'd like to skip Internet and use the local area network to make a call - say from room A to room B 😀

Does anyone know the trick?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans, I hope most of most of us are fans of Peter England. Ever wondered why Peter England is the largest in India? Check this out: Peter England: About...
Download the Questions based on 'Power Engineering' Subject here. Answers will be provided in this thread only.
Download the Questions based on 'Thermodynamics + Heat Transfer' Subjects here. Answers will be provided in this thread only.
Hi all! This is my first post on CE. I've been born and brought up in an engineering family - my father being from India's best engineering college, IIT Kanpur....
You are Brilliant. You have an Idea. What next? The TSC Resident Programme, is a six month programme, targetted at entrepreneurs (first time and experienced) with an awesome idea to...