Sinusoidal wave form

Sinusoidal wave form ???

I am asking:

We know that if a coil rotates in a transverse magnetic field a sinusoidal voltage is induced between its terminals.

My question now is:

Why it is exactly sinusoidal in the shape and not any other wave shape??

Thanks for help.

Replies

• Ritesh Patil
    Ritesh Patil
    The voltage induced in a coil due to any moving magnetic field is directly proportional to the velocity of the field in the direction of the axis of the coil. Hence voltage induced by a rotating magnetic field is obtained sinusoidal as shown in the representation in the attachment. The same applies if you want to drive a motor, you will have maximum efficiency and smoothest torque when the driving voltage is pure sinusoidal.Untitled
    The representation needs, v=|dy/dt|, but you get the picture right?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Team, when a client connected with network, It takes some process step by step to join with LAN successfully. Could you tell me the process name in arranging order....
After a huge success in smartphone market with their ‘P’ and ‘Honor’ series of devices, Chinese telecom giant Huawei has plans to take the Computer world by storm. At a...
Have we ever dreamt of being in the virtual world, feeling the reality itself in it? Although it is a far-fetched fiction to see both the worlds coalesced with each...
Is using for loop is better than recursive function? What should we use when both are possible?
I would like to build a chalk duster that can attract the dust produced by a statically charged brush and store it in the body. I would like to know...