Simple FFT with Matlab

FFT or Fast Fourier Transform is an age old concept of digital implementation of DFT. Even after 50 years, FFT is kind of like nightmares to many engineers.

So if you have DSP phobia and if you find FFT concepts difficult to understand, you can read the post:
#-Link-Snipped-#

or for any queries related to FFT,
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sid_thewall
    sid_thewall
    Rupam Das
    FFT or Fast Fourier Transform is an age old concept of digital implementation of DFT. Even after 50 years, FFT is kind of like nightmares to many engineers.

So if you have DSP phobia and if you find FFT concepts difficult to understand, you can read the post:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

or for any queries related to FFT,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hi I am working on a project which involves acquiring heart sounds and analysing them using matlab.

In this regard, I require the sampling frequency of the sounds which i collected from the following databases:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Techniques - Heart Sounds & Murmurs Exam - Physical Diagnosis Skills - University of Washington School of Medicine

Without the sampling frequency I woont be able to design digital filters and further analysis in the frequency domain is impossible. Can you give me solutions to this problem?

I used the wavread function in matlab.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAn anyone tell me some very good intresting site about airplanes and aeronautics..........
Why shouldn't you use a "Rubber Glove" One of the worst things that you can do in this instance is to fit a rubber "glove" over the distributor, although this...
This aptitude problem was asked in a test for campus placement and interview. Here's what the question was like. Please send your replies along with an explanation. This is urgent!...
Must Share for Chennai People who are travelling to office by bus!​​ TRUE INCIDENT by Ranjani - Useful for people traveling in Chennai buses!! True Incident happened for a lady...
hello frnds , i need your help.. plz....