Simple elctrostats..

Hi,

This is not a puzzle, but a problem based on electrostatics, quite a tricky one. Just try it out ...

2 metallic spheres of the same radius, having charges 1e & 2e are connected by a wire. Find the new charges on the spheres after they are connected..

You need not apply any kind of equations on electrostatic...its more of a puzzle try it!😎

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think this would be better suited in electrical and electronics section.

Anyhow, let me answer the question.
    Not using any equations of electrostatics, I might still use some rules, right?

Well, so, the surface charge densities of two spheres connected by a wire is inversely proportional to the ratio of their radii. Since the radius of both the spheres are equal, the charge densities must also be equal. So, after connecting, each sphere will have 1.5e charge in them.
  • deeps31
    deeps31
    #-Link-Snipped-#

sir, you are violating a very basic principle: Quantization of charge, i,e. Q=ne, dont you think so? 😛
  • deeps31
    deeps31
    Where are the "brilliant & smart CEans"? 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="]There are a lot of career training courses which can help a person to develop valuable skills and knowledge. These in turn help the person to earn more money. The...
​ The begins in Cape Town today, just 29 days after the threat of terrorism convinced representative to ship it overseas. All eight franchises will be in action...
CEans, Awarding special user titles is a way to acknowledge exceptional contributors of CE. However, the activity has been long delayed because we did not receive much response to "Suggest...
Thought it would be interesting to start a new thread about current movies. Would be cool if people write down which one was the last movie they have seen and...
Hi, I am new to this forum. I did some online research and found this. I really like the idea that this forum connects engineers all over the world. I...