Silicon Valley Grieves Rajeev Motwani’s Passing

[​IMG]The news of Professor #-Link-Snipped-# on Friday afternoon spread quickly throughout the couple of hundred attendees of tonight's TechFellow event in San Francisco. The mood of the event turned from cheerful cocktail sipping banter to stunned silence. Most everyone who was there is his friend. And most everyone there had a #-Link-Snipped-# to Techmeme: Goodbye Old Friend. R.I.P. Rajeev Motwani (Om Malik/GigaOM) about how Motwani had helped them at one time or another, asking nothing in return. I have a couple of those stories myself. #-Link-Snipped-#, a long time friend of Motwani, was visibly shaken. We asked Ron to make a few remarks to honor Motwani before the event started. His talk was not scripted or prepared; it clearly came directly from the heart. He talked about a man who loved entrepreneurs and who would meet with anyone to at least give them advice. Motwani influenced hundreds of entrepreneurs and students, Conway said, and never refused a meeting. We've included the video of Conway's tribute to Motwani below. Google founder #-Link-Snipped-#, who describes Motwani as his "friend and teacher," also too: Remembering Rajeev:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    May the soul of great person rest in peace.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Earlier today at Electronic Entertainment Expo, Microsoft unveiled their rumored motion controller solution to the masses. But unlike the waggling, accelerometer-enabled hardware of most immersive gaming peripherals, Microsoft’s solution uses...
Few of the people sent their questions to Dr. Wolfram through mail to me. I received following question - Good evening Sir, I would want a small write up on...
A set of duples in an ordered list is generated by a certain symmetrical function in steps from 1 to 14. {1 1} is the zeroth member. The list starts:...
Hello Everybody, James here from USA
Hi: I'm not an engineer (or even close to it); I'm a marketing/advertising consultant--about as far as you can get!! My husband and I are (hopefully) retiring to an island...