should mba preparation be taken as a safe side option!!

Hello everyone,

I am in the final year of Computer Science Engineering and right now i am preparing for SCJP (Sun Certification for Java Programmer) certification and in this particular year I wish to make a good command over Java and .Net.Should I prepare for MBA as well, considering the present scenario of market slump,bt there is not enough time for CAT preparation and I too wish for an experience before pursuing an MBA course..
This thought really deviates me!!😕

Please suggest!

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    From what I've gathered, MBA is best done after some amount of experience. But in the present scene, as there are not many openings available, going in for an MBA after completing your graduation is advisable. Regarding preparation, it depends on many factors. You can get a good score even if you have not been preparing for the entire year. A friend of mine got 98.6 percentile with just a month's prep. You should prepare for an MBA or any other masters degree in my honest opinion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @CE_Neha : You'll graduate in 2010, right? Why are you worried?
  • nick27
    nick27
    Well my view is that if you are really serious in MBA ..it requires a rigorous prep for an year....seriously if you are thinking about IIM or any top class college....even i got 95 percentile in CAT without a lot of effort...BUT IIM calls at >99 percentile not 95 or98...moreover scores needed to be balanced in all sections...IIM call IS NOT A MONTHS TASK...have a talk with a person who done it...they will tell you..how much of effort is needed....
    More over make up your mind of what you want to do...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, I'm an electrical enginneer now working as broadcast engineer at Broadcasting Corporation Of India.I love playing chess & cricket.My aim is to be a good webdesigner.I joined here...
CEans, This post is aimed at informing you that our CE Events section is open for everyone to post information about tech-fests being organized in various colleges. If your college...
I need solution manual for Hughes Electrical and electronics technology. where can i get this? Please Help me.
It is a question especially to the IT folks. I dont think you guys need to go to an office in order to complete your work. I need not explain...
Glad to be a new member of this awesome forum site. I think I'll enjoy my stay here. I have seen a few threads and there seems to be a...