Short story - Secret of Success

A young man asked Socrates the secret of Success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met.

Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and ducked him into the water. The man struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until he started turning blue. The young man struggled hard and finally managed to get out and the first thing he did was to gasp and take deep breath.

Socrates asked 'What you wanted the most when you were there?'

The man replied 'Air'.

Socrates said 'that's the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted air, you will get it. There is no other secret'

-CB

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wonderful!!
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    very nice story
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Really a Wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing with us.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    good one man.
  • sb_ee
    sb_ee
    Very Nice.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Nice Story!!!๐Ÿ˜€
  • Solomon_d
    Solomon_d
    very nice story
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Alternative version:

Socrates asked 'What you wanted the most when you were there?'

The man screamed 'To kill you for trying to kill me!' and drowns Socrates.

Moral: Do not use water to prove a point to a man.

But yea, in all seriousness, good story ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    fabulous!!!
    extremely nice story!!!!
    ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰

keep sharing more and more valuable stories๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    Its really great inspired story !
    secret of success is the hard work
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    Its a real nice story.... mind blowing ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One truck driver was doing his usual delivery to IMH (Institute of mental health). He discovered a flat tyre when he was about to go home. He jacked up the...
It may not be right place for introduction but i have not found and category or thread of this type. Hi all senior members and friends of this community. Luchi...
Hi i want to do some new project related to B.Tech degree of Information Technology and also in a C Programming as im very much interested in C please suggest...
hi friends,i am doing B.Tech, i gotta go for training(6 months), i have 2 choices either i can go in 7th sem, from( june,2010-jan2011) or in 8th sem(jan 2011-to june...