Ship Building & Design, Anyone?

I was looking at the biggest ships in the world and stumbled upon RMS Queen Mary 2, MS Oasis of the Seas and many other ships. Ship building is one heck of field - interesting and awesome. I've no clue about what kind of engines go into these ships and how they operate.

Can anyone here build a good discussion on ship building and design? It would be really interesting!

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes Biggie I am really fascinated about these machines. I will share whatever little knowledge I have gained about them.
    Do you know the largest ship building company in the world is South Korean giant Hyundai?
    The ship about which biggie is talking was first built in 1969. 😀

I think we should post information which will give an insight of ship building.Some common parts are
    1)Stern 2) Smokestack; 3) Propeller and Rudder) 4) Port side i.e.; left side of ship. 5)Starboard or the right side 5)Deck 6) Bulbous bow 7) Bow 8) Anchor and 9) the Superstructure
    😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Does anyone know about any job opportunity in a ship building industry?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let's start building groups again. All CEans who've been recruited in TCS either through walk-ins or campus recruitments, please unite here. Let's form a group of all TCS joiners. Starting...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Infosys. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's connect...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Persistent. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's connect...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Tech Mahindra (TechM). Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training....
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from L&T Infotech. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's...