Series of propeller shaft-What will be the loss?

Hi CEans ,

I had a chance to see a truck having more than one propeller shaft and my question related to it was though the propeller shaft is connected to the differential by the help of a universal joint , How does they connect and transmit power if they employ more than one propeller shaft? Do they use same universal joint or any other one? How much the power loss will be there if we use more than one propeller shaft? What is the need to use more than one propeller shaft?

Another one-

consider a single gear is used to run another gear by a motor.If the driven acts as a input to another gear and this series continues to more gears, Does it produce more output for given input or the power is evenly distributed?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    If the motor shaft is connected to the final driven shaft though a series of gears, then the power loss will be proportional to the number of gears used in the series.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

“Underwater internet!” Sounds alien? Not anymore. Researchers at University of Buffalo have been working on underwater wireless sensors that use TCP/IP (the common networking protocol for internet) and can transmit...
Hi can any one tell me how to pass a string as an argument in a funtion or a method of a class,and its further use in that method or...
compiler,assembler,word processor,linker AMONG THIS WHICH IS NOT A SYSTEM SOFTWARE?? i am confused..
Microsoft has made official the release of Windows 8.1 Update. Now, everyone owning a Windows 8 device can download Windows 8.1 for its new features that aim at addressing the...
Samsung Group India has launched two new Android smartphones in the market with Samsung Galaxy Star Pro and Samsung Galaxy Trend. Bringing forth these new mid-segment smartphones, Samsung India has...