CrazyEngineers
  • grover
    grover

MemberMar 6, 2008

self propelled machine

hi
    i want to make a self propelled machine which can move on a circular pipe i.e on the outside surface of pipe . i need sliding mechanism.............. plzz help or give idea
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • gohm

MemberMar 6, 2008

Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • grover

MemberMar 8, 2008

gohm
    Sliding horizontally or vertically along pipe? How about some worm drive tightening bands (think like hose clamps) at either end. These would tighten & loosen around the pipe. A long straight drive gear would pull the back half forward. The rear band would tighten, then the front band would loosen as the gear pushed it forward. A simple caterpillar form of locomotion.

hi gohm....
    thanx , i also think this mechanism but it is more complicated and more over i have to support a robotic arm with it which will collect ball frm one place and take it to a bucket.................. any more feasible idea u hv?
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberMar 8, 2008

Tell me more details about the requirments for the collection of the ball. Is the ball/basket at a fixed location or does it need to be adjustable? If adjustable, in which axis and degree of motion?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register