Selecting web host: Windows or Linux OS?

Well I am facing a kind of problem.
I was trying to get some hosting plans for a domain name which I had registered some time ago.
Now the person who will develop the site for me has Windows on her PC and I have Linux. She knows php, but php is not included in the Hosting Plans for Windows and is included in the hosting plans for Linux.
Now my paradox is this, whether to take the Linux connection or not. If yes, how could I have the web pages transferred between the Linux plan and Window O.S.

I am a layman in the field of computers and therefore my question may sound juvenile to many of you experts.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Website Trouble

Dude, you don't need a website developed. Simply opt for Linux based web host & install a good CMS/Blog engine.
  • rajneshmishra
    rajneshmishra
    Hi Raj Verma,

This dilemma occurs to anybody who works cross platform between Windows and Linux.

The best thing without disrupting the programmer's setup is to get EasyPHP installed on her PC with windows. only thins she has to take care is of file paths and and file names.

just store all files in one directory and transfer to your linux host home directory.

Just let me know if u face further issues..
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thanks for the advice.
  • priti00
    priti00
    Well if this is the matter of web hosting than go for linux only. Your computer OS is not at all concerned with this one. Honestly speaking you do not need any designer as well to create website. Just install a CMS (many web hosting companies are also providing this facility as well), you will get ready made templates and use them.

Within two hours you will get your website if the DNS server set.
    CMS i agree can serve the purpose initially but is it good in the long run??
    i mean creating forums and everything else don't u think coding in php would be a much better alternative?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Well, it's your decision. What do you think would be the problem with using CMS/Blog Engine in the long run?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to write a program to initialize General purpose Input Output ports. The microcontroller I need to initialize the ports on - is a C8051F330 chip. https://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/silabs/c8051f33x.pdf I...
I have two dual axis ADXL203 accelerometers. However, I am supposed to get acceleration data in three dimensions. My professor advised me to get dual axis instead of triaxial accelerometers...
I have some acceleration data that I received from an accelerometer and used an A/D converter before sending the data to my computer... how do I use Matlab to integrate...
This Will Do the +,-,*and / of the complex numbers /*Operator overloading for complex Numbers*/ #include #include class complex { float real; float img; public: complex() { real=img=0; } complex(float...
Hello everyone, Please do let me know what you think of the following by clicking on the link --> Theft, Copyright Infringement, File Sharing and Piracy 😁😁😁 Cheers, Suyash