Seeking Career Advice

Hi,

I have completed my M.Tech in Electronics and Comm.(specialization in RF and Microwave Engg.) in 2009. I had joined a company that promised me wok in my domain when a project came along. Till then I was told to work in other areas. I hated my work but stuck on because an RF project was being anticipated. However, when the project came in, they just hired new people for that and kept shuffling me between multiple projects in such a way that I had nothing concrete to show at the end of the year. I quit because they then told me that they are new entrants into the RF domain and it would take them 2-3 years to get stable in it so till then they wanted me to continue doing whatever I was doing now and they would offer a suitable role then. Since then, I have been trying find wok in RF domain but to no avail. Everybody wants to hire experienced people and right now I am stuck in a no man's land. I have interviewed with some companies and though the response is positive initially, I lose out to people with an experience of an year or 2 in the end. I am located at Bangalore, so the locale is not an issue. I don't know where to go from here and I'd be grateful if someone could could suggest a path that doesn't involve software engineering, if that is possible. Thanks.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Luminance HDR File Size: 21 MB It is a powerful digital photography tool that allows you get the lighting of your images just right. used to adjust the lighting of...
Sony's ex-chief, who was responsible for Sony's buyout of Columbia Picture for about $4 billion died on Saturday. Ohga started his career as Opera singer and then joined the then...
I've not seen a 3DTV yet, but someone asked me whether these TVs can display a regular 2D TV channel as 3D. Meaning, can they display your regular news channel...
New Chandigarh in Mullanpur, adjacent to Chandigarh has started taking shape. DLF has recently announced for the first ever time in the city, the sale of Plots which are up...
Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...