CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@sweet_honey • 31 Jul, 2012 • 1 like
can anyone tell how to design scissors for a blinds??
this was a question of a competitive design exam...
@zaveri • 01 Aug, 2012 • 2 likes since blind people recognize objects by sense of touch, then this scissors wouldn't be any different from the traditional one, because you got to handle a pair of it by its two loop-handles. and any blind person can distinguish the handle from the blades by just touching it.

the scissor blades can have protective plastic covers over them except for the the cutting edge.

but here comes the problem : how would the blind person cut the object ? how would he know that he is cutting exactly the portion he wants to cut , and how would he guide the scissors over it ?

the problem needs more data, and looks like a pair for universal application cannot be designed. different pairs for different applications would have to be deigned.
@zaveri • 02 Aug, 2012 Hey this is quite an interesting query. any ideas anybody ?
@marvin • 11 Aug, 2012 hi,
im, working on a plan to cut photos into concrete for blind person,
perhaps the technik to scann my pictures woud work on the scissors. on the side of the blades a line with sensors to see black and transfer it to a sound similar to the system in cars.
hope it helps
have fun
marvin
@zaveri • 12 Aug, 2012
marvin
hi,
perhaps the technik to scann my pictures woud work on the scissors. on the side of the blades a line with sensors to see black and transfer it to a sound similar to the system in cars.
hope it helps
have fun
marvin

can you elaborate on this ?
@sweet_honey • 12 Aug, 2012
marvin
hi,
hope it helps
have fun
marvin
plz explain more and also the scissors should be affordable that could be implemented in daily life, not just on the papers
@Abishai ps • 13 Mar, 2016 A figure of scissor
4.9k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 18, 2011

A question is always asked in viva and interviews : "How to calculate the time complexity of a given algorithm". One might say that why should we calculate it when...
16k views

@vvishwaskumar · Aug 22, 2009

can any one explain me that what are the modifications required in engine while using CNG AND LPG as fuel...!
4.2k views

@autocrats · Mar 6, 2013

hi..everyone...i m participating in sae baja for the first time...i m designing the transmission..ive selected mahindra alpha transmission....i want to know whether it is good or do i need to...
4.9k views

@zaveri · Jul 6, 2013

Well we all like chocolate, but only when they are freshly taken out from the refrigerator, and present as chilled solid bars. but once they are put in warm places,...
5.5k views

@maria flor · Mar 25, 2011

There are several types of bridges found in any place in this world. So, this thread will be dedicated to TYPES OF BRIDGES.😀
12.6k views