Schedule Gmail Emails Using "Right Inbox"

I'm hooked to Gmail ever since it was launched in private beta years ago. The clean and 'minimal' interface got me addicted to the service and till date; I've never had a thought of switching to any other email service. While Gmail excels in basic functionality; there are startups that are working hard to extend Gmail. "Right Inbox" is one such startup that lets you schedule emails via Gmail.

Right Inbox is your Chrome & Firefox extension that integrates seamlessly with your Gmail account and lets you choose the date & time at which you want your message to be delivered. I think it's an incredibly useful feature for sending birthday messages, 'sick-leave' messages 😉 , reminders, invoices etc. which are time critical.

The service is damn easy to use. Just compose your message & then setup the time at which you want to trigger your email. The extension will add a new "Send Later" button next to Gmail's default 'Send' button. The extension supports timezone so you don't have to figure it out on your own.

Email addicts may use this service as a self-reminder service by scheduling a message to yourself. Watch this demonstration -

Head over to Email Tracking, Create Email Reminders & Recurring Email In Gmail and try out the extension on your own. Do share your own views & reviews of this app 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    'Send Later' - I so needed it. We all love free extensions 😁
    I was thinking of the timezone issues. However, they have mentioned in their website - "Right Inbox operates from within your local time zone by default. However, if you define a time zone, your message will be delivered at the time you specify within the zone you define."

It makes sense to download and test it now when it is in beta phase and free.
    They will be introducing affordable monthly fees by the end of February, 2012.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Initially I was using Boomrang, but now Boomrang is no more. I'll tryout this service.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am doing B.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering and wish to pursue masters in the same field later. How many seats are alloted in IITs for M.tech. in biomedical engineering,...
Owners of the playbook should quickly head over to the settings tab on your tablet and check for the firmware upgrade. The new OTA firmware upgrade brings loads of new...
It looks like the Indian Government is taking social network seriously. Few days ago the Government really went bullish against the social networks banning all the 'objectionable' content. But the...
I'm talking about 'startups' : aka your small < 10 person company which dreams big and everyone working in it is responsible for everything. I've been reading a lot about...
The fight between Indian Government and Canadian Research In Motion (RIM) aka the makers of Blackberry smartphone just got tougher over the security concerns expressed by Indian Government. The latest...