SAN Administrator or Assistant Systems Engineer

Hi all

I am working as a SAN(Storage Area Network) Administrator in IBM. I have been working in this domain for 6 months now. I have an offer of ASE in TCS. Should I go for it or not.

TCS is offering developer profile. In longer run would being developer be better or being a network administrator.

Please advice.

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    LazyEngineer
    Hi all

I am working as a SAN(Storage Area Network) Administrator in IBM. I have been working in this domain for 6 months now. I have an offer of ASE in TCS. Should I go for it or not.

TCS is offering developer profile. In longer run would being developer be better or being a network administrator.

Please advice.
    Both are good profiles only, both having good scope. Just ask the question to your heart. Are you feeling O.K. with the present job ? , if yes then continue with the present one. If you are looking for any change, then go for the second one.
  • LazyEngineer
    LazyEngineer
    thanks Kiran,

If talking in terms of monetary prospects what could I expect after my 2 years in TCS. Currently I have seen people from IBM with same profile getting 6-7L after 2 years of experience.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    LazyEngineer
    thanks Kiran,

If talking in terms of monetary prospects what could I expect after my 2 years in TCS. Currently I have seen people from IBM with same profile getting 6-7L after 2 years of experience.
    Don't look after salary. I've seen so many of my friends, who are getting good package but not satisfied with their job profiles.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, am doing a project in welding... Two set of welds .... After testing, i will get any one of the set with superior quality, but how do i...
wants to get the mechanism behind a car working on a chemical reaction.
Why there is no Circuit breaker in Bus PT feeder? In our system, interlock is given such that if any fault in Bus PT, then it opens the Incoming Bus...
I'm curious to see what kind of answers i get with this ridiculously known question. I sense there will be several different responses. What do you believe to be the...
hello engineers...... i m making a robot for the robowars competitions and i need your help for selecting motors for motion and weapon. talking about the motion, which motor would...