Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa Processor Has 8 Cores!

Few years back when I bought my laptop with Intel Core2Duo Processor, I was pretty amazed by the fact that my processor has 2 cores to work with! Time changed and dual-core processors started to become old! Now, while the world is happy with amazing performance of quad-core processors, Samsung has jumped the row and launched an octa core micro processor. Yep, you read it right, the new Exynos 5 octa has got 8 cores!

Samsung CEO Stephen Woo unveiled this jaw-dropping product at ongoing CES 2013. The chip is based on ARM big.LITTLE architecture. It has two sets of processors with four cores each and it is supposed to be fastest (obviously!) and most energy efficient mobile processor on the planet. As shown in a demo by Woo the processor was able to load several websites without any disruption in browser. It also promises no dropped frames while playing HD movies.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Glen Roalnd, vice president and head of mobile platform for EA showed a demo of 3D game. According to him this chip is not just about speed, its about multitasking and 3D capabilities.The new chip promises twice 3D performance than any of the current devices available in the market. It also offers up to 70 percent power saving as it uses new silicon. Well, all we gotta say about this is, keep them coming!

via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everything is made up of energy! And a lot of research is being done to develop new technologies to generate, store and deliver this energy. Superconductors have emerged as very...
Remember the last time you bought an audio CD? I know the answer, who buys CDs in this age of digital music, right? Well, if are a frequent buyer at...
Life isn't fair, too many mails, too less time! People are too busy to check all the emails in their inbox and sometimes they miss out on the important ones....
After in-car entertainment systems and wristwatches, it is bound to raise some eyebrows in excitement to see Android OS being used in the most unusual places. And Panasonic’s SR-SX2, the...
The Consumer Electronics Show is not just about fancy gadgets or home appliances it’s much more. So let’s explore some other items that were put for display, for example like...