Samsung 'Something New' - CES 2013 - Guessing Begins

Samsung's launched a vague trailer promising 'something new' at the CES 2013. The official dates for the event are January 8-11. It's impossible to make any guesses by looking at the trailer because the video reveals almost nothing. Maybe we need more eagle eyed CEans to figure out whether there are any hints in the video -

Check -

One guess would be that Samsung will announce Galaxy S IV; but since the S III is still selling like a hot cake, it'd be too early for Samsung to announce the new phone. But 'something new' could mean that the south Korean engineers would introduce an entirely new category of products. The company did it when they launched the Galaxy Note, which has become the hot favorite of several million people across the world.

Let the guesswork begin!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, got an update. Samsung isn't launching anything related to mobiles at the CES in January next year. Instead, we might expect something new on the TV side. CNET folks spoke with Samsung executives who confirmed that there won't be any major 'mobile' related news. But that may mean that Samsung will announce Galaxy Note 7.

There's mobile world congress lined up a few days later in February. I still think that it'd be too early for Samsung to launch the Galaxy S IV at MWC. What do you think?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Okay, got an update. Samsung isn't launching anything related to mobiles at the CES in January next year. Instead, we might expect something new on the TV side.
    Apple iTV versus Samsung TV? Interesting!
    I think that this new TV by Samsung might be Android based.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am sure more can be seen from Samsung's well hidden screen I am sure a TV with UHD and size not suited for Indian Markets is one thing in store for CES from SS

Can more update be there from their sleeve in Tabs am amazed how they spend their 24 hrs a day
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That Switching off type was old PC versions type is it really possible or am I seeing things

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i've a project to do in OS. the readers writers problem using semaphores and monitors. if anyone has the code in c then please upload....
You might have stumbled upon the news that TED administration has cancelled the TEDx Chennai license. The event was found to be violating several TEDx conference rules including number of...
hello sirs and madams ; i hope that all will be fine and enjoying good life i have paticipated in robowar competetion in line follower robot but donot what to...
HI everyone..! i am going to do solar byk as my major project..i had purchased an electrical byk and i will charge the batteries using solar panels.but this is already...
hello buddies . here is one more interesting scientific invention . georgia tech has invented new p-n junctions using graphene. i request you people to go through the article in...