Samsung series 5 37C550 full HD 1080 & Hyundai HD DVR Problem

I received following mail from one of our visitors. Posting this here so that CEans can help -

Dear Sir,

Just came across this forum. I have not yet registered with your forum. Would be happy if any one can say what is problem -

I am having a Samsung series 5 37C550 full HD 1080p lcd tv. Recently I got a Hyundai HD DVR connected to TV.

Now problem is TV works fine when used with only HD set top box. If the HD DVR is connected with HDMI cable in full HD mode the pic and sound goes off for a fraction of sec which is very annoying.

I have used good quality optical as well a cable supporting 1920x1080p HD res. Unable to figure what is wrong. I got the HD DVR replaced but problem remains. Supplier is unable to figure what is wrong.

Has any one faced such problem?

Request an early reply.

Thanks
Mr Datta

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one responding to this?

I guess the question isn't clear -
    If the HD DVR is connected with HDMI cable in full HD mode the pic and sound goes off for a fraction of sec which is very annoying.
    Is that the problem you're facing? Does the audio & video work normal after being cut off for fraction of second?
  • salil
    salil
    The_Big_K
    No one responding to this?

I guess the question isn't clear -

Is that the problem you're facing? Does the audio & video work normal after being cut off for fraction of second?
    Dear Sir,
    • Thanks for posting my query.
    • I have one HD STB and a HD DVR Hyundai model DVR H 101 ( 1920x1080i)
    • TV Samsung LA37C550JIRLXL, ver AAOZ (1920x1080p)
    • With HD STB (1920x1080i) there is no problem in viewing TV programs in HD res mode with HDMI cable.
    • The problem comes only when HD DVR is connected in HD res mode, with HDMI cable.
    • There is break in pic and sound for a fraction of sec only (screen goes blank)
    • Both pic and sound is normal after the break
    • This breaking which happens at intervals is random, may be in 1 min or 3min or after 10-15 min.
    • I hope I am clear in explaining the problem faced.
    • Thanks
    Mr Datta
  • lal
    lal
    May be a second flip through the user's manual will help.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I tried searching for Hyundai HD-DVR on the Internet but couldn't find any relevant product information. Since you've got your DVR replaced and verified, the problem is definitely not with the DVR. I doubt the problem lies with the cable as well.

I'm still not clear about the exact step that you do just before the pic and sound go off. Does the pic go off immediately after you turn on the DVR or it goes off after some time?
  • lal
    lal
    Biggie, I understood it this way. The problem happens not just once. But the picture and sound goes off at regular intervals.

Is that a compatibility problem?
    I think some settings will have to be changed either in the DVR or in the other thing.
  • salil
    salil
    The_Big_K
    I tried searching for Hyundai HD-DVR on the Internet but couldn't find any relevant product information. Since you've got your DVR replaced and verified, the problem is definitely not with the DVR. I doubt the problem lies with the cable as well.

I'm still not clear about the exact step that you do just before the pic and sound go off. Does the pic go off immediately after you turn on the DVR or it goes off after some time?
    Dear Admn
    Yes , I have also tried to search on net but could not find any info.
    I hope I was clear in trying to explain the problem faced.
    No pic does not go off immediately, it happens even if I am not recording
    I repeat
    After switching on both TV and DVR, while watching any channel, there is break in pic and sound. It happens random no fixed interval.
    There cannot be any problem with cable as I have used good quality cable
    A HDMI optical cable as well as normal HDMI full HD supporting cable.
    This problem crops up when programs are in highest res mode 1920x1080
    Viewing in low res mode using these cables it works fine, there is no break in pic and sound.
    Please note using a HD set top box of Hyundai make without recorder no problem even with 1920x1080 resolution
    This means that HD DVR signal through HDMI cable is not compatible with TV
    I hope I have been able to make myself clear.
    Thanks
    Datta

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi this is sanjay
[video=youtube;KUw_9qbNj_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUw_9qbNj_E&playnext=1&list=PLFD6CFB68CA61114F[/video] This video will show you how to shutdown your computer from anywhere using a texting capable cell phone, Microsoft Outlook and a free account from kwiry - text it...
Summer Fellowship Programme Organised By: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Important Dates: Deadline for Submission of Applications:March 31, 2010 List of selected candidates: April 20, 2010 Commencement of Work: May...
A Grid Follower Robot that follows the grid(points)in a way that it makes a star. Robot consists of steppers and l298 with a powerful PIC18F4550 micro controller. It consists of...
Here's a video of the ECCE humanoid robot presented at the IIT. It's totally awesome, isn't it? Share your views on it.