Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6(Edge) Android 7 (Nougat) firmware upgrade rolling out in India

It looks like Samsung S6 and S6 Edge phones have began receiving the much awaited Android 7 (Nougat) update in India. The update was expected to be delivered in March, however Samsung kept pushing the date after it decided to run the security and quality checks. Samsung UK's official Twitter handle had tweeted about the delay in launching the OTA firmware upgrade but failed to provide an ETA.

As of writing this article, our phones are getting upgraded to the latest firmware. Some of the most notable feature that Android 7 Nougat offers include ability to alter the display resolution, a blue light filter that will ensure you don't lose your sleep after using the phone in dark for longer times. Samsung's also packing a 'video enhancer' mode that will play the videos brighter and vivid.

S6-Edge-Android-Nougat-7-India

The firmware will also bring in a few design and UI changes. Those who make use of the power saving mode, will now be able to have a choice of two options - 'mid' and 'max'. It will give you more control over performance and battery life. Users will also be able to select the overall intensity of the flash light. We'll keep you posted. Stay tuned.

Update: The overall size of the OTA update seems to be ~1.2 GB. It's advisable that you should make use of the 'download booster' mode to download the update. This mode combines your LTE data and Wi-Fi to speed up the download of larger ( > 30 MB) files.

Update 2: Found a video from SamMobile that talks about all the new features in Samsung Galaxy S6 (Edge) running Android 7 (Nougat). It should answer all the questions you may have. Check it out below -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As a technology blogger, I've to keep up to date with all things technology and science and in the last few years of blogging, I've found out something - the...
After a smooth landing in Indian electronics bazar, Amazon has put up t ASUS' brand new ZenFone Go 5.5 on sale, today, as a part of the Great Indian Sale...
Hi I need books for Gate 2018, please suggest me good books thank you
Dear All, I am writing this query with confused mind I am going to complete B.Tech in ECE, currently I've 7.5 as cgpa and I decided to go in Software...
Intex has added another new smartphone to its popular Aqua-series with the launch of the Intex Aqua Crystal Plus at Rs 6,799. The new Intex Aqua Crystal Plus is a...