Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Price In India Is Rs. 27,990!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini price in India is Rs. 27,990 and those who didn't want to break their banks may look forward to acquiring this mini-pack for lesser price. But the price-cut means you will have to let go of some hardware and software awesomeness of the big brother, the Galaxy S4. Considering the official price difference between the S4 and S4 mini (in Indian markets) to be about Rs. 13,500; let's see if buying the phone makes any sense. Of course with the 'mini' branding, Samsung is offering this phone as smaller, affordable alternative; we'd want you to know what you'd be missing out on.

slide

The Galaxy S4 mimics the looks of S4, but it has a smaller form factor (see pic). The phone's got a 4.3" SAMOLED screen with qHD resolution. The display is crisp and is pleasing to eyes. Under the hood, the S4 mini has a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of memory (RAM) and 8GB of internal storage capacity. There's an 8MP camera on the rear and 1.9 MP camera on the front. The whole unit is powered by a 1900 mAh battery. On the software front, the phone relies on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with a layer of TouchWiz UI (Samsung's proprietary) and includes apps like S Health, S Translator, Sound & Shot, Panoramic Shorts, Story Album etc.

Galaxy S4 Vs. Galaxy S4 Mini Specs Comparison Chart

S4-Mini-Vs-S4
Courtesy: CNET​
The major differences include a smaller resolution screen with lesser pixel density, degraded camera (but it should take nice snaps), a slower processor, lower RAM and battery capacity. What surprises us is that the phone's doesn't match up with S3; but Samsung's decided to launch it at a higher price in India. Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com for Rs. 26,999. ​
Overall, if you were to buy a new phone, we'd recommend opting for S3 over the S4 Mini. It'd be interesting to know what do our CEans think about the phone and its pricing?​

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Does S3 runs on Exynos 5 ? (I don't remember the specifications of S3)
    Does it has sAMOLED with 441 PPI ? (I am quite sure they don't have ditto specs to that of S4 mini when it comes to screen & processor)

Anyways, I am tired of Samsung's Android models.Same design.

Samsung,Show me something ill that I haven't seen ! 😡
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Does S3 runs on Exynos 5 ? (I don't remember the specifications of S3)
    Does it has sAMOLED with 441 PPI ? (I am quite sure they don't have ditto specs to that of S4 mini when it comes to screen & processor)

Anyways, I am tired of Samsung's Android models.Same design.

Samsung,Show me something ill that I haven't seen ! 😡
    Then Firefox is the best choice for you. Let's wait for SONY's new Smartphone based on Firefox. 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What is the problem with Samsung not launching 4.3/4.5" screen with full HD screen.
    @29-30K with full HD would beat any phone.

Edit:
    Just realized it's not even 720p😨.
    Is Samsung becoming yet another over confident Apple.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    Then Firefox is the best choice for you. Let's wait for SONY's new Smartphone based on Firefox. 😀
    No, Harshad bhai. I love Android. I am bored of same designs by Samsung. I wanna see some new curves, you know.
    BTW Is there any official news on Sony's FF phones ? 👀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    For a price of 27+ k there are ample amount of phones there out in the market with great features.
    Will you invest on the gadget?
    Think twice before you buy so that there will be a new gadget out there for making you madddd
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I know that the company wants to attract larger audience to the Galaxy brand but then the pricing has to be reasonable. The mini variants should be launched below Rs. 20,000.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Now the price of this device is reasonable - Rs17900/- as of today at Kochi. And I had a brief hands-on with it. Good compact design. Liked it instantly over to the bulkiness of the Moto G (plus Grip cover). Thinking of getting this one over to Moto G because of that 'extra' resale value assurance, 'non-online' purchase option and removable battery option, plus microSD card bonus. 😘

#Real dilemma. 😕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​Skoda Rapid Leisure, a special edition of the entry level Sedan from Skoda Auto India has been launched with a price tag of Rs. 7,79,000; ex-showroom Delhi. The Rapid Leisure...
I came across this site Spideroak rather like Dropbox. The main difference is that what is stored is encrypted and accessible only to the user. There seems to be no...
Though the entity is commercial, the video is informative.
​The awesomely futuristic sci-fi interfaces generally developed for films and TV-shows is now all yours to explore. A website called Kit FUI allows you just that. Dubbed by its creators...
There has been a lot of discussion on CE about portable power generation using piezo electric devices. Here is a start up that seems to put its money (or rather...