Samsung Galaxy A3, A5 and A7 Get New Design and Features

Samsung has updated its popular Galaxy A series phones - A3, A5 and the A7 with new design and features. Typically, it's the Samsung Galaxy S-series or the Note series phones grab all the limelight and headlines; but for Samsung, the cash comes from the budget friendly phones. These may not be very popular phones in the developed countries, but sell like hot cake in Asian countries like India and China.

Samsung has just announced that all the phones in the A series have been updated with new hardware and software features. All the phones are sleeker than their earlier models. The A3 is now 4.7", A5 is 5.2" and the A7 is 5.5". Samsung engineers have narrowed the bezels on these phone to make the phones look premium. The design of these phones seems to have derived inspiration from the big boss S6.

Overall hardware improvements include better and sharper display screens; with the Samsung Announces Galaxy A3 & A5 Android KitKat Smartphones With Full Metal Unibody Design getting 720p and the A5 and A7 getting a full HD 1080p display. The processors are faster as well, with A3 getting a 1.5 GHz quad-core and the bigger brothers getting 1.6 Octa-core. The batteries have been improved to last longer and support faster hardware. The phones support LTE CAT 4 network.

Samsung-A3-A5-A7-Features

The key differentiator however is 'Samsung Pay' which debuts on A5 and A7 phones. Note that these will be the first non-flagship phones from Samsung to boast the new Samsung's payment feature. You need not use your credit or debit card at the stores anymore, just touch your new A5 or A7 to the POS device at the shop - and make your payment quickly and securely.

Samsung Galaxy A7 Released - Price In India And Specifications Out will now be able to capture better shots with their 13MP cameras. The camera on these high-end phones is now equipped with optical image stabilization. The front selfie-shooters however remain the same with 5MP resolution. The cameras will now boot up faster, literally in less than a second, so that you do not miss out on any important event. The front shooter gets wide selfie, palm selfie modes and multiple beautifying effects.

Buyers will appreciate that Samsung's decided to keep the MicroSD card slots so that users can expand the phone storage to their needs. A lot of Samsung's customers had expressed disappointment after Samsung decided to ditch the expandable memory option from their flagship - Samsung S6 and S6 Edge.

While we do not know the exact global launch dates of these phones, it's expected that China will be the first country to get the phones towards end of December. We do not have information about the pricing; but expect it to be very competitive to counter the threat from the likes of Xiaomi, OnePlus and other Chinese smartphones that pack a lot of punch for the price.

If you are out in the market to grab a new phone, it'd be worth to wait for a while if you are a Samsung fan. Or if the upgrades don't get you excited - you may expect the older phones to be available at a lower price in the next few days.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cafe Coffee Day aka CCD will now do home delivery of coffee using Swiggy - one of the top food delivery startups in Bangalore. Swiggy has now partnered with CCD...
Satya Prabh Kathooria comes from a family who always had a strong emphasis on academic education, lateral thinking and problem solving. From very young days, his life used to spin...
Hi I am santosh, i completed B.tech from cse in 2012, i am doing small job for my needs.And i am doing MBA(HR), Now i want to join a course...
Quote: A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret...
Hello Engineer, Can anyone share some structural excel spreadsheet according to ACI codes.Which you used in your work. Thanks in advanced