CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 20 May, 2015 • 4 likes
A lot of discussions have happened over the salary of TCS freshers. A Twitter follower asked me to discuss the question of what are the salary packages in TCS for professionals with 3-5 years of experience. Though this is a very generic question, one that involves various variable components: your project team's rating, your own performance in the team, the company's overall performance and many such factors, I believe this question can definitely be discussed on this open forum.

It is important to note that many freshers these days have offer letters from more than one company. A lot of thought goes into deciding which company to choose depending on the role you are offered as well as the salary. Since fresher salaries are more or less similar in most IT companies, it is the salary package you receive after a couple of years of experience that becomes the deciding factor.

Most freshers joining TCS for the last couple of years get a salary package of Rs. 3.15 Lakh per annum.

After 1 year (assuming that you are working on a project and not sitting on the bench),
If you get rating 3, then package will be ~ Rs. 3.4 Lakh.
If you get rating 4, then package will be ~ Rs. 3.5 Lakh
If you get rating 5, then package will be ~ Rs. 3.6 Lakh.

Now if you don't get an opportunity to go on-site (US/UK/Germany etc.) through your project at the end of 2 years, a simple breakdown of your salary each year could look like this:

After 2 years -> 4.1 lakhs
After 3 years -> 4.5 - 4.7 lakhs
After 4 years -> 5.4 - 5.6 lakhs
After 5 years -> 6.2 lakhs

Do note that there 'n' number of factors that could affect your salary for better or worse.
Your repo with your seniors, the performance of your project, the ratings you get in appraisal and even what kind of project/technology/domain you are working on.
Not to forget, that the the companies policies regarding salaries are subject to change every year as well.

If we have any TCS employees here or you have any friends in TCS, please respond your experience in replies below.
If you have any specific questions about a particular project, a technology or the salary of a certain designation, please ask them below. We will do our best to get answers for you.
@Ankita Katdare • 20 May, 2015 Tagging @Koushal Patel @Anoop Kumar @Sharvari Panchbhai @Kaustubh Katdare to share their views.
@Sharvari Panchbhai • 20 May, 2015 • 1 like What I have been observing as a trend in IT industry is that most of the employees having more than 2 to 3 years of experience are trying to switch to other companies rather than sticking to their current job in order to get good salary, diverse job profiles, and better opportunities. This also helps them avoid stagnancy. Lateral hires tend to get higher remuneration.
@jayeshdhumak • 22 May, 2015 Attending the TCS interview in span of two years twice will it be ok?.

I mean to say that if the guy gets rejected in aptitude then he cant attend the interview process but creating a new profile and the attending the interview in the span of 6 months and having selected in that. Does it cause any future problem? does TCS remove candidate like that?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 22 May, 2015 @jayeshdhumak - your question has already been answered in another discussion.
@Koushal Patel • 22 May, 2015 • 1 like
Ankita Katdare
Most freshers joining TCS for the last couple of years get a salary package of Rs. 3.15 Lakh per annum.
It is revised I guess Ankita. If I am not wrong, it has been 3.5 LPA.
@Ankita Katdare • 22 May, 2015 @Koushal Patel Yes. It keeps changing. Back in 2011, it was 3.5. Changed to 3.2 and now it's back again.

Any word about salary for experienced professionals in TCS?
@Koushal Patel • 22 May, 2015 • 1 like It depends
- For a member who has joined TCS as a fresher, for him/her, the salary would be the figure you quoted.
- For a member, who is laterally hired, he/she would be getting a hike of 30 to 50 percent (which is normal). So, if someone from Infy/Wipro jumps to TCS, the salary must be 30-50 percent more than the regular people (considering your point, that the salary across the companies are the same.)
- For lucrative job openings, if the member removes a bottleneck in any project, he/she would get an awesome hike for sure! 😀
@ankita111111111 • 20 Oct, 2015 What is the salary of a Tech lead in TCS?
@M@h@devK • 04 Nov, 2015 I am a lateral joinee for TCS havng 3.6 years of experience in a technology(service virtualization) which is very rarely used. how much hike should i expect?
@vaibhav1991 • 15 Jan, 2016 Hi All,

I was in Infy for 2yr and 10months then i switched to Product Based company in Noida with a hike of 70%. Now i am getting a call from TCS. I having 3.3 yrs of experience now.

Will TCS pay me 30% more of my current salary?
@Ankita Katdare • 15 Jan, 2016 @Koushal Patel Could you share some insights?
@vaibhav1991 • 15 Jan, 2016 sorry i didnt get you. I am new to this group. I even dont know how to use it properly :-(
@Ankita Katdare • 15 Jan, 2016 @vaibhav1991 I have simply tagged Koushal in the post above requesting him to answer your query.
@vaibhav1991 • 15 Jan, 2016 @Ankita Katdare : Thanks 😀
@Koushal Patel • 21 Jan, 2016 • 3 likes
vaibhav1991
I was in Infy for 2yr and 10months then i switched to Product Based company in Noida with a hike of 70%. Now i am getting a call from TCS. I having 3.3 yrs of experience now.

Will TCS pay me 30% more of my current salary?
It all depends on what salary they are offering to other employees with same designation. Please know that, there would not be having an hell and heaven difference. For a 3.3 years of experienced person, normally salary bracket would be in between 4.45 LPA to maximum 5.5 LPA (Salary would touch the digit of 5 provided associate has got earlier promotion due to continuous A bands or whatsoever).

Even if TCS gives hike of more than its normal i.e. 30 - 40 %, they would re-correct your salary as per their bracket next year's appraisal cycle/Final anniversary cycle. I learned from some offline source (can not authenticate it though), one member from iGATE joined TCS with a fantastic hike. In the next year appraisal, his salary hike was merely in multiple of hundred rupees. The reason shown was to make the salary figure in between their allowable bracket.

Besides, there are possibilities like below, where they could offer you your desired hike
If
1) You remove a bottleneck in any project which is going LIVE shortly and they want you to be on the boat.
2) Your skill set is unique and they are very much awaiting for person like you to showcase their manpower hub to buy/bid some project.
3) If you are willing to work on a project for which they are not getting person with desired skill set or Associates are refusing to do that project.
@mahender prajapath • 15 Sep, 2016 I

agree ....
@saish borkar • 04 Apr, 2018 Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package should I expect from MNC's or other companies?

Thank You,
@saish borkar • 04 Apr, 2018 Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package I should expect from MNC's or other companies? @Ankita Katdare @Kaustubh Katdare

Thank You,
@Kaustubh Katdare • 04 Apr, 2018
saish borkar
My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA
There are lot of factors involved and the answer can't be straightforward based upon the information you've provided. A lot depends upon the kind of domain, technologies, tools you are experienced in.

I'd say expect about 30% raise in package on switching your job to a new company. All the best!
@Anoop Kumar • 05 Apr, 2018 • 3 likes
saish borkar
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site.My question is I'm having 3+ years of experience in development and now I'm looking for the job change but my package is less than 2 LPA.So what package I should expect from MNC's or other companies? @Ankita Katdare @Kaustubh Katdare
Thank You,
Now a days there are lots of startup, financial and healthcare related MNC's give compensation as per your competency not on the previous salary.
A general perception of salary is 1.5*Years of experience after 3+ experience. Your salary somehow lesser than expected but don't worry.
If you are enjoying and learning current work. Better speak to your current manager about why you are not getting right compensation and whats need to do from your side to get proper hike and promotion.

If you are switching job -
1. Get well prepared so that you can able to bag more than 2-3 offer.
2. You can freely negotiate to Company Y that company X is providing you better work and compensation, so whats your offer and what kind of environment you are going to work in.
Also, don't get emotional with any company by name or the effort you have given.
@Rashmi Gandhi • 29 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

Many of my friends who are in TCS since 2-3 years didn't see a significant increase in salary. In fact, those who started at 3.15L per annum package as freshers, are now at 4.2L to 4.5L package after 3 years. TCS Salary increment after 1 year is generally is only 7-8%. Is that the industry standard?

Also it depends heavily on the rating you receive after 1 year in TCS. They have fixed increment ranges like 30k for 3 point something, 50k for 5 rating. I am guessing Infosys, Wipro also follow the same rule.

67.7k views

Related Posts

@salaikumar · Aug 19, 2008

hello, my dear friends.presently i am learning j2EE in a private institution. According to their norms a mini projects should be submitted based on java or j2EE.so,any body help me.
7.4k views

@pr159260 · Mar 11, 2013

XC = 1/(2pi(f)C) capacitive reactance. XC is inversely proportional to frequency f. Now for DC f=0. Hence XC is infinite(theoritically). Hence it blocks DC. but any how when we connect...
8.3k views

@Tarun Chauhan · Dec 18, 2010

Somebody please give me some basic diagrammatic view(some link having inside pictures will surely help) of dc generators and motors as m not finding them in my books and without...
3.2k views

@Piyush Dangre · Jan 25, 2015

Hello CEians! I am studying 6th sem B.E (Comp. Science) . I've heard students doing internships at NIC. I am quite interested to opt for Summer Training/Internship programs(2/3 months) at...
5.2k views

@Ambarish Ganesh · Jun 24, 2013

The iconic Triumph Motorcycles, the British company that sells the likes of Thunderbird, Daytona 675 and Speed Triple bikes, did ripple excitement among bikers last year at the 2012 Auto...
3.5k views