Rupee Symbol To Be Decided Today [Non-Tech]

Indian Cabinet will decide the symbol for rupee today. If you don't know what it means, he's a short refresher -

$ => US Dollar
€ => EURO
??? => Rupee

??? will be replaced by one of the following symbols -

[​IMG]

Which symbol do you think should be picked up as Rupee Symbol?
...and someone please explain the logic behind having " = " in every currency symbol. 😁

Replies

• vik001ind
    vik001ind
    2nd one looks the best! even in euro, korean, & many other currencies have "=" sign. I think, it just represents equality of transaction.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I too like 2nd one most.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Second and fourth. 😀
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    The one which is showing the hindi "R" too as the gov wants to be symbolized by the Devanagari lipi.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i like the second and the third😁
    no idea why they use the =... maybe what vik001ind said is right 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I like the 4th one. Its easy to write.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    so what was the decision?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    4th option is my one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do marks on score card define the capabilities of a student? Also, many judgements are made on the basis of marks on the score cards? Do you think the judgement...
HCL Corporation has decided to offload 2.5% (16 million shares) of its shares and donate the money raised to it Shiv Nadar Foundation. The IT services provider tanked 7 per...
I was randomly thinking about mini projects in Computer Science... and I came up with an idea of creating a desktop application to convert instrumental music (.wav files) into Notations....
Meaning: annoying person Usage: He is only a gadfly, paying too much attention to his like would be a waste of our precious energy. Syn: nuisance, pest
Is it true that a multimeter works at the giga hz frequency? I'm quite curious to know.