CrazyEngineers
  • Here's a smart trick that you can follow to run multiple instances of Google Talk desktop client 😉

1. Create a shortcut for Google Talk on your desktop. [You can right click on GTalk in your program files and choose Send To -> Desktop ]
    2. Now on your newly created Gtalk Desktop Shortcut, right click and choose 'properties'.
    3. In the target section of properties - add /nomutex at the end of the path. For example, your path would look like this - "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /nomutex ;-)
    4. Double click on this icon and launch your first instance of Gtalk. Then double click on the same icon again and launch another instance. You can login to separate accounts from these two instances.
    Enjoy 😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 25, 2008

Wow, thanks for the tip, Biggie! 😀

More reasons to use the desktop client than the one embedded in GMail 😛
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 25, 2008

I like the desktop client more than the embedded. 😁
    Cancel
  • anuragh27crony

MemberAug 25, 2008

this is some cool tip... thnx Big_k...
    yeah Desktop client is pretty flexible than... embedded one
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberAug 26, 2008

Simpler, use Pidgin 😀.

By the way, using the /nomutex switch you can do conferencing in Gtalk.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberAug 19, 2013

kidakaka
    Simpler, use Pidgin 😀.

By the way, using the /nomutex switch you can do conferencing in Gtalk.
    Does Pidgin support Skype? What about Digsby?

@#-Link-Snipped-#: Is there any other Messenger that supports multiple instances of all these together: Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gmail and Facebook - I'd like to implement it in my company 😀. Running individual applications of each of these multiplied by 2 user accounts per application has loaded my 2GB RAM (office PC) to high extend - Using Windows 8 Pro. Not to mention the already existing online accesses to 3 softswitchs and a Network Analysis tool to monitor graphs.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 20, 2013

anoopthefriend
    Does Pidgin support Skype? What about Digsby?

@#-Link-Snipped-#: Is there any other Messenger that supports multiple instances of all these together: Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gmail and Facebook - I'd like to implement it in my company 😀. Running individual applications of each of these multiplied by 2 user accounts per application has loaded my 2GB RAM (office PC) to high extend - Using Windows 8 Pro. Not to mention the already existing online accesses to 3 softswitchs and a Network Analysis tool to monitor graphs.
    Have a look at Miranda IM and its addons. It had supported Skype before, maybe you can test it out.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberAug 21, 2013

ash
    Have a look at Miranda IM and its addons. It had supported Skype before, maybe you can test it out.
    Thanks. Will check it out and let you know.
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberAug 31, 2013

Same way you can run multiple instance of Skype

Using following

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register