Running multiple instances of Google Talk

Here's a smart trick that you can follow to run multiple instances of Google Talk desktop client πŸ˜‰

1. Create a shortcut for Google Talk on your desktop. [You can right click on GTalk in your program files and choose Send To -> Desktop ]
  2. Now on your newly created Gtalk Desktop Shortcut, right click and choose 'properties'.
  3. In the target section of properties - add /nomutex at the end of the path. For example, your path would look like this - "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /nomutex ;-)
  4. Double click on this icon and launch your first instance of Gtalk. Then double click on the same icon again and launch another instance. You can login to separate accounts from these two instances.
Enjoy 😁

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow, thanks for the tip, Biggie! πŸ˜€

More reasons to use the desktop client than the one embedded in GMail πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I like the desktop client more than the embedded. 😁
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    this is some cool tip... thnx Big_k...
    yeah Desktop client is pretty flexible than... embedded one
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Simpler, use Pidgin πŸ˜€.

By the way, using the /nomutex switch you can do conferencing in Gtalk.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    kidakaka
    Simpler, use Pidgin πŸ˜€.

By the way, using the /nomutex switch you can do conferencing in Gtalk.
    Does Pidgin support Skype? What about Digsby?

@#-Link-Snipped-#: Is there any other Messenger that supports multiple instances of all these together: Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gmail and Facebook - I'd like to implement it in my company πŸ˜€. Running individual applications of each of these multiplied by 2 user accounts per application has loaded my 2GB RAM (office PC) to high extend - Using Windows 8 Pro. Not to mention the already existing online accesses to 3 softswitchs and a Network Analysis tool to monitor graphs.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    anoopthefriend
    Does Pidgin support Skype? What about Digsby?

@#-Link-Snipped-#: Is there any other Messenger that supports multiple instances of all these together: Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gmail and Facebook - I'd like to implement it in my company πŸ˜€. Running individual applications of each of these multiplied by 2 user accounts per application has loaded my 2GB RAM (office PC) to high extend - Using Windows 8 Pro. Not to mention the already existing online accesses to 3 softswitchs and a Network Analysis tool to monitor graphs.
    Have a look at Miranda IM and its addons. It had supported Skype before, maybe you can test it out.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ash
    Have a look at Miranda IM and its addons. It had supported Skype before, maybe you can test it out.
    Thanks. Will check it out and let you know.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Same way you can run multiple instance of Skype

Using following

"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Biggie/Mods, I need a CEan badge which I want to put on my blog. I thought since there is no official CE badge as such, its hightime that we...
Hi ce ans do you have any ideas with you to convert our foot steps into electrical energy while walking😁
While studying JFET I came across the statement... "A device/circuit with input resistance much high is usually very sensitive" its a general statement though but i don't understand well. Can...
As reported by the android guys here - No More Speculation - This is the G1 from T-Mobile | AndroidGuys , G1 from T-Mobile is going to be the first...
CEans, Mozilla Labs have announced the launch of Ubiquity From their page - Today we’re announcing the launch of Ubiquity, a Mozilla Labs experiment into connecting the Web with language...