RTU's Remote Terminal Units

😀hi there, me again, does any one have any ideas about remote terminal units? its used to monitor field devices such as pumps, switchgears, motors, etc, i need help in analyzing & fixing a texas instrument rtu here in my worksite, the prob is this, for example i hv 4 pumps connected to my rtu, when i simulate pump # 1 in the termination panel pump # 4 also reports to the monitoring computer, this should not be becoz i only simulated pump 1 only, so pump 1 should be the only one to report on the monitoring computer, ive asked our software engnr to check the databse on the server & he said its all ok, i did tried to replace the input card where all the LED indicators are located but the prob is still der, so the nxt step is to replace the main rtu board, then it worked fine, no more unwanted points reported to the monitoring cmputer, ive noticed that there are 8 optoisolators in the input of the rtu, i traced the outputs of the optoisolators and it goes to other chips, any ideas pls help tnx

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey,it is not enough to tell wat exactly is the problem,detail analysis is required,so better is u send it to the vendor itself...
  • miox_24
    miox_24
    sauravgoswami
    hey,it is not enough to tell wat exactly is the problem,detail analysis is required,so better is u send it to the vendor itself...
    but this rtu is more than 10 yrs old, thats y i cant find any documentation regarding this.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    find equivalent RTU then,take help from Tech.support executive,definately there will be some euivalent RTU

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Fellow CEans.. This is Ankur..I am doing my Btech in CSE and i will be entering my 4th year of engg. Actually I need a suggestion .I am placed...
Hi Guyz, Please fill in the following survey and help us . Youth Survey - Survey powered by eSurveysPro.com Regards, -KGV
guys can anybody mail me of where shall i can get a project on "nanotechnology" guys give quick reply b'cos our sir is on knife-edge!!!!!!!!!😕
hey hiiiii folks i m aman ,studying in hamburg ,doing my bachelors in mechatronics !!!!

y0!

Hi guys and girls! U can see details about me in my profile so I'll just introduce myself shortly. My name is Angel, I study General Engineering Sciences in Germany...