CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@amitha.devineni • 21 Sep, 2010

we have a formula for ripple factor for capacitive filters..
r.p=1/(4.sq.rt(3).f.c.R)
SO...FOR HAVING LOW RIPPLE FACTOR,we need to have high load resistance.
so a capacitive filters are used for low load currents...

here my doubt why can't we take high capacitance keeping load resistance minimum...??
@shreyasm89 • 25 Sep, 2010 what a doubt!Wow!...Ripple factor will reduce the fluctuations in the o/p voltage.IF 'C' is high it will mean more voltage will develop across the capacitor i.e. across the load.So the cap. will maintain a high voltage across the load.If we keep RL low, then the entire purpose of low load currents will be defeated. Don't you think?
5.8k views

Related Posts

@KARAD123 · Jul 21, 2012

WHY ARE ALL THE VALUES OF VOLTAGES OF TRANSMISSIONS ARE IN MULTIPLES OF 11, MEANS 11KV, 33KV, 110KV, 220KV.? MY TEACHER ASKED US THIS QUESTION. PLZ HELP.
5.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 12, 2014

The Xiaomi Redmi 1s smartphone's rear camera is 8 megapixels and the front camera is 1.3 megapixels. Additionally, it offers the following camera features: LED Flash, Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR photo...
8.7k views

@prashpan · Aug 23, 2012

Can Anyone give me the formula for calculating plate size needed to make the 10 % torispherical dish ends for a reactor? Diameter of reactor is 3000 mm Height of...
64.3k views

@nerdy_me · May 20, 2011

Though single "#" is used to concatenate two strings even in d macros..i.e.try in dev compiler ::#include#include#define delhi(s1,s2) s1#s2using namespace std;main(){char sh[]=delhi("hello","ceans");printf("%s",sh);system("pause");}but I found on net that ## is used...
12k views

@bandral · Nov 17, 2009

can anyone explain why the diesel engine is heavier than petrol engine..
9.6k views