ripple factor for capacitive filters

we have a formula for ripple factor for capacitive filters..
r.p=1/(4.sq.rt(3).f.c.R)
SO...FOR HAVING LOW RIPPLE FACTOR,we need to have high load resistance.
so a capacitive filters are used for low load currents...

here my doubt why can't we take high capacitance keeping load resistance minimum...??

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    what a doubt!Wow!...Ripple factor will reduce the fluctuations in the o/p voltage.IF 'C' is high it will mean more voltage will develop across the capacitor i.e. across the load.So the cap. will maintain a high voltage across the load.If we keep RL low, then the entire purpose of low load currents will be defeated. Don't you think?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends i got a prob in creating a database..can some one help me in solving? i created a database in ms access.I went to control panel-administrative tools-data sources(ODBC) to...
hi i got a problem in opening my laptop..i was not able to enter into my account..if i do so i get a message displaying the copy of windows is...
hi , when i was sleeping one day , suddenly i got an thought of a under construction bridge when it was 1 am , and i daily used to...
What can be the disadvantages of swapping in the operating system?
For each of the following four words, come up with another English word that uses all THE SAME letters but in a different order. The four words you come up...