RF transmission and reception

hi, iam building a circuit that requires transmission of data by wireless. i have to transmit serial data by RS232 wirelessly from one controller to another controller. i want help in building that wireless transmitter and receiver at low cost. Any advice ??

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If you can eliminate one controller, you can have your data sent via the HT series encoder and decoder. Otherwise, if you're strictly looking for RF communication directly between microprocessors, its possible as well, but little difficult as compared to using HT series IC's.
  • rohit_jun22
    rohit_jun22
    did not get you...some more details please 😀
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    rohit_jun22
    did not get you...some more details please 😀
    HT12E & HT12D are the encoder and decoder chips available that can be used to send wireless data, either via RF or Infrared. These IC's have data pins which accept as well as give digital data directly.

If the data you're sending is raw like sending pressed key from remote or something, then you can remove the microcontroller from the transmitter side.

Please tell your exact application & the controller you're using for me to explain it better.
  • rohit_jun22
    rohit_jun22
    i am using an ARM controller LPC2148 to transmit some control signals to a motor located at a different location controlled by another microcontroller. It wont be possible to remove either of the microcontrollers. Both are necessary
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I am sorry, don't have idea about LPC2148. But I am sure you could still use those IC's (yes will increase hardware, but you can keep it as alternate solution).
  • Prakash Parmar
    Prakash Parmar
    rohit_jun22
    hi, iam building a circuit that requires transmission of data by wireless. i have to transmit serial data by RS232 wirelessly from one controller to another controller. i want help in building that wireless transmitter and receiver at low cost. Any advice ??
    For simple Circuit you just use HT12E-RF Transmitter(TWS 434a)-RF Receiver(RWS 434a)-HT12D.
  • rohit_jun22
    rohit_jun22
    can it transfer serial data from RS 232? what is the approximate cost of the transmitter and receiver?
  • Prakash Parmar
    Prakash Parmar
    i worked with 25pin parallel port and its works on it... if you able to glow led using PC then i think it is possible.... and cost is around,
    HT12E=50 Rs.
    HT12D=50 Rs.
    Transmitter=250 Or 300 Rs.
    Receiver=350 Rs.
    Reference
    QAM-TX1 - Quasar - RF Module, AM ASK Data Transmitter, 433 Mhz
    RCR-433-MPR - Radiotronix - RF MOD, RX, ASK / OOK
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    HT12D - Holtek - Decoder, 2/12 Series, CMOS

also look at this...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ankita shukla132
    ankita shukla132
    [Prototype]
    HT12E & HT12D are the encoder and decoder chips available that can be used to send wireless data, either via RF or Infrared. These IC's have data pins which accept as well as give digital data directly.

If the data you're sending is raw like sending pressed key from remote or something, then you can remove the microcontroller from the transmitter side.

Please tell your exact application & the controller you're using for me to explain it better.
    if we use 8051 microcontroller
  • Prakash Parmar
    Prakash Parmar
    ankita shukla132
    if we use 8051 microcontroller
    my last year simple project.RF based Wireless Motro using parallel port

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today its been 10 day when Apple had launched the OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion; however a huge number of users have already reported on Apple forums that they...
Electronics Arts INC. has filed a lawsuit for copyright infringement against the Zynga INC, alleging that the Zynga "The Ville" has misappropriately used EA's popular game "The Sims Social" This...
hi every one! i'm a new user on this forum. i'd like to seek help to decide which university to go in i'm pursuing my b.tech 4th year now, in...
Saina Nehwal, India - won the Bronze medal in Women's individual Badminton. Gold and Silver went to China. Saina's opponent WANG from China retired in Bronze Medal match after playing...
myself naman agarwal... doing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics from New Delhi i m a student i like reading posts on crazyengineers.com, watching discovery channel, listening music, want to crack...